Author Topic: Tune The Intake  (Read 1074 times)

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
Tune The Intake
« on: December 10, 2012, 09:06:41 PM »
In looking around the interWebs I found this chart;

It shows the length of the intake tract to tune for different RPM's. The tuned RPM can have
10% more flow so it's an easy way to give us a little boost. The stock length appears to be
around 22". It's a little tough to measure as it's the length from the intake valve to the bell
mouth in the airbox;

So it looks like we are tuned to 6500 RPM's which is where the torque peak is. If we wanted to
experiment with setting it higher we would need to shorten the intake pipe and put the new bell
mouth on the now shorter tube. This would necessitate an extension on the airbox to contain
the now shorter intake on the inside side of the air filter.

One problem is the bell mouth is glued to the airbox. The second is how to cover the new shorter
end into the airfilter box? Anyone up for some tuning?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 04:02:38 PM by MotoRandy123 »
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

fshfindr

• View Profile
Re: Tune The Intake
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 11:59:41 PM »
I think I saw the tube when I changed my air filter.  It  had a small kink in it and a loose hose clamp in the middle.  I cleared the kink and started to remove the clamp.  But since I could not see a reason for the clamp and there was nothing to clamp onto and I had no idea why it was there, I decided to leave it.  I thought that it may be a way to control airflow through the tube.  Strange to me.

Richard L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()