Author Topic: The Great Virus/Toilet Paper Stampede & Attack  (Read 1169 times)

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Virus/Toilet Paper Stampede & Attack
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2020, 02:55:52 AM »
Remember, the Preppers' are arming themselves (again) - so best to serpentine with that precious cargo!
Well scored, you!

Stig

It just so happened that I was running low on TP.  I went to Wally World to get some but they were out of my normal brand although they did have a fair amount of other brands on the shelf.  I had not yet heard about the run on TP so I didn't buy any.  Later that day I heard people were hoarding TP so I went back the next day and they had restocked so I bought my normal amount.  Another day and  the shelves were probably bare.  By the time I run low again I think that the TP shortage will have gone away.
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2020, 01:16:53 PM »
What's wrong with a handful of grass from the garden?

Toilet paper. Pfft!

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2020, 12:53:46 PM »
How's the UK fixed for toilet paper??
If good, could you estimate airpost for a 36 roll?
Thanks, Stig
Nope the hoarders got there first!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Neil955i

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2020, 12:57:05 PM »
What's wrong with a handful of grass from the garden?

Toilet paper. Pfft!
There speaks a true Scot. ‘Ard man!

Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2020, 01:06:06 PM »
I'll take sphagnum moss over grass anyday
RandyO
IBA#9560

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2020, 08:25:38 AM »
Dock leaves and comfrey also work well.
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

Neil955i

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2020, 10:52:15 AM »
"Comfrey"?  Is that a bit like Aloe Vera?  Keeps yer botty soft?
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2020, 04:56:11 PM »
Used to have a dog who would come scooting his rear around the coffee table on his way to his water bowl in the kitchen.
Never thought it polite to ask him what the h_ll he thought he was doing on my carpet!

Wife was always embarrassed when he'd do that with company in the house. I tried to train him to do with my in-laws in for dinner.
But, he wasn't trainable.

Some of the family miss him.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2020, 11:05:56 AM »
Used to have a dog who would come scooting his rear around the coffee table on his way to his water bowl in the kitchen.

Stig

Yes. We've all had dogs like that!  My worst experience was retrieving a half out elastic band from the dogs bum 'ole!  When it twanged out... well, you can guess the rest.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2020, 01:11:02 PM »
Yes. We've all had dogs like that!  My worst experience was retrieving a half out elastic band from the dogs bum 'ole!  When it twanged out... well, you can guess the rest.

no dogs here, we're cat people, we don't have one now, we recently had to put ours down,  we had her about 8 years, she was a stray that we adopted, vet said about 4 years old, a petite siamese, fearless, turned away any animal that came in yard, dog or cat, seen her give more than one dog a bloody nose with her paw, claws extended, so fast you didn't see it happen. Best mouser we ever had. She would eat their brains and leave the rest as her trophy to show us, sometime she would bring live squirrels into the house.... in our bed once.  She got in a fight with a racoon ripped her face wide open healed a bit lopsided, lost one of her fangs. Got into it with a coyote. Broken spine just behind back legs, we had to have her tail amputated.

Oz (our cat's name) had to learn to pee and poop all over, without the tail, at first, we had to help her (we didn't have a rubber band to tug on ), but she learned, it was after she had lost her tail, that she brought a red tail hawk to the doorstep... don't ask me how she won that fight, the bird was as big as she was

But, complications of the amputation caught up with her after 5 years
RandyO
IBA#9560

Neil955i

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2020, 09:11:28 AM »
We do invest a heck of a lot in our pets don't we?  Every one we've lost down the years has caused real heartbreak, but the love they give makes it all worthwhile. 

On a lighter note, did you hear the old truism about "Dogs have owners, cats have servants!"?  We have both and that is so true.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2020, 12:08:26 PM »
we woulda had Oz put down 5 years ago when the coyote broke her spine, but my daughter is a vet technician, so we got her discount. Our cat acted more like a dog, Siamese cats talk, different meows, we knew what she wanted, or that someone pulled into the drive, or an animal in the yard. She also would come to you if you whistled, similar to calling a dog, and did not respond to "kitty-kitty at all. Something that a lot of people don't know or understand about cats, they are obligate carnivores, they can only digest meat, veggie and fillers go right thru and make the poop messy & stinky/ Fed em raw meat only, and the poops don't smell and they are like hard marbles, I know, TMI. Her favorite food was chicken gizzards. actually cheaper than commercial cat food that is loaded with non meat fillers
RandyO
IBA#9560

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2020, 03:46:56 AM »
There speaks a true Scot. ‘Ard man!

Nah, just too tight to spend the money.

Hidden secret though - our supplier of office stationary products also sells.....toilet roll! (and a whole lot besides)

I now have 84 rolls of pristine cushioned 4 ply that was delivered to my office the other day. No fighting, no hassle. I've not even paid for them yet.

All I need now is some shotgun shells to defend my secret stash for when the dirtyarses find out and come after me.

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2020, 01:30:03 AM »
my mask, one of several balaclavas to choose from

RandyO
IBA#9560

Neil955i

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2020, 01:34:17 PM »
Mine’s a Yuasa snood delivered free with one of their batteries. Waste not, want not!

Regards & ride safe,
Neil

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()