Author Topic: 12 volt output socket not working  (Read 1447 times)

autopilot

• View Profile
12 volt output socket not working
« on: July 08, 2013, 05:46:34 PM »
Hi guys can anyone tell me how to get at the wiring for the 12 volt output socket, I suspect that the inline fuse has gone but it is tucked up behind the black panel on the fairing, I can reach it but can't get a grip on the fuse. The ideal would be to remove the black panel in the fairing side,  but how do you do this? or is there a quick way to get at the wiring? Cheers

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: 12 volt output socket not working
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 08:37:23 PM »
  If you are more flexable than I,  you can remove panel over front fender, and reach up and pull fuse you would be doing this blind    I remove the front clip thats the whole front end,  starting with the windshield, the little Y piece in front, be carefull the top two sides are plug ins in rubber,  than two bolts that hold the headlights ,. than all the screws on both sides, of the front clip when you gently move the front clip to release it , watch for the clips top and bottom,. and have something over the fender to protect it,  I rewired mine with heavier wire and put a 15 amp fuse in it, 

autopilot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 02:37:58 PM »
Thanks for your help, it does sound like a lot of work just to get to the socket fuse. when a little thought in the planning department would have seen the panel just by it easily removed. Maybe I will try it when I have some time to spare thanks again.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 04:58:39 PM »
   Ive done my front removel several times , and I can do it in 20 min.,every thing can come off with a mini drill,. and on again,.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()