Author Topic: GIVI Windshield fits 2009 Kymco Grand Vista 250  (Read 2253 times)

OldCoot

• View Profile
    • Steve Wike
GIVI Windshield fits 2009 Kymco Grand Vista 250
« on: December 17, 2018, 04:41:12 PM »
I was nervous about buying this windshield for my 2009 Kymco Grand Vista 250 because I couldn't  read the text on the website. The one thing I hoped I understood correctly was the headline, which said "PARABREZZA COMPLETO KYMCO GRAN DINK 50-125-250 2000-2007 GIVI 290DT+D290KIT."

It looked like what I needed, but it only listed "2000-2007" models, so I wondered if there might be a problem. I was also a little nervous about the seller shipping it Express Mail with no tracking.

But thankfully, there was no need to worry. It arrived in perfect shape in about 2.5 weeks. And this morning I found out it fits perfectly.

I installed it in about an hour without a single issue, and with only a few tools (hex wrench, phillips, and 10mm wrench). No need for an extra set of hands. But pay attention to the rubber grommets and metal spacers when you take them off. They're not all the same for a reason, and you'll need to remember which ones go where. (I had to use Google translate for one part -- the rubber washers. Other than that it was easy peezy, even for this old coot.)

The windshield is considerably taller than the stock windshield, around 6-8 inches, so I'm really looking forward to riding it this afternoon when the temps get a little closer to 60 degrees. It's also a little wider, especially in front of the brake levers. That will be nice in the colder temps.

So, thank you to the guys here on the board who encouraged me to get it and said it would probably fit. You were right.

And thank you to the eBay guys in Italy (amr-1984), whoever you are, for packing it so well and shipping it so promptly.

Here's a picture of the finished product (I put my cap on the top so you could see how tall it is)...

Here's a picture from the side (you probably can't tell, but I cut the foam on the backrest to give myself more room on the seat, which is much more comfortable)...

Here are the product/order details for the GIVI windsheild in case you want one...
eBay Seller: amr-1984 (45,815 stars/99.4 positive feedback/Italy)
https://www.ebay.com/usr/amr-1984
GIVI 290DT and D290KIT (installation hardware): $93.98
Shipping: $79.15 (Express Mail/no tracking)
Total: $173.13
OldCoot, aka Brick Head
Greer, SC

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: GIVI Windshield fits 2009 Kymco Grand Vista 250
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 10:13:10 PM »
Nice report...and nice looking scoot.
As for dealing with foreign text, try copying and pasting to google or bing translators. They'll recognize the language and give it back in English.
I use it whenever crossbolts contacts me from below the Ohio river.... 😊
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

OldCoot

• View Profile
    • Steve Wike
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 06:13:20 PM »
Here's one last picture with an old coot after his first ride with the new GIVI windshield. Didn't even blow off his hat. Seriously. Blocks a lot of wind! Perfect for old coots.

Oh, and it doesn't rattle like the stock windshield did... which makes it very nice. (The stock windshield used to make a lot of noise when standing still with the motor running. It's silent now. Yea!)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 02:02:18 AM by OldCoot »
OldCoot, aka Brick Head
Greer, SC

mrbios

• 2005 Kymco Grandvista 250cc
  • Just crusing along on my 2005 GV250
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 09:16:48 PM »
Here's one last picture with an old coot after his first ride with the new GIVI windshield. Didn't even blow of his hat. Seriously. Blocks a lot of wind! Perfect for old coots. It's silent now. Yea!)

Thanks for the pictures and links.  I love the silence.  I'm getting ready to order my 3rd windshield - broke the first two laying the scoot down at night in sand at the end of my own street one time and same spot another time when a homeless guy ran in front of me on a bicycle at night with no lights riding the wrong way on a one way street!
PaulC

xsel777

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 04:37:12 AM »
Very neat.

Sent from my Mi Max using Tapatalk

2010 Kymco Xciting 500Ri-Dark Blue

Ed63

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 01:58:43 AM »
Love the way the Givi windshield looks!
Thanks for posting.  I need to get one for my 2009 GV!
2009 Grand Vista 250

Grumpy old man

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 10:24:03 AM »
Great looking windscreen, I like the height, could you repeat the link I couldn't follow it very well and I would love to get one myself.  I see it's on ebay but beyond that?  Thanks   Jim

OldCoot

• View Profile
    • Steve Wike
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 02:38:20 PM »
Great looking windscreen, I like the height, could you repeat the link I couldn't follow it very well and I would love to get one myself.  I see it's on ebay but beyond that?  Thanks   Jim

The link I supplied above doesn't work anymore. Here's the eBay seller's link:
https://www.topratedseller.com/ebay/amr-1984

Maybe you can contact them and ask if they still sell this:
Kymco Grand Vista 250 windshield/windscreen GIVI 290DT and D290KIT

There are a few other sellers who appear to offer the windscreen but they don't include the hardware (D290KIT) to mount it so be careful.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 02:30:25 PM by OldCoot »
OldCoot, aka Brick Head
Greer, SC

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2019, 02:59:19 PM »
Thanks for the pictures and links.  I love the silence.  I'm getting ready to order my 3rd windshield - broke the first two laying the scoot down at night in sand at the end of my own street one time and same spot another time when a homeless guy ran in front of me on a bicycle at night with no lights riding the wrong way on a one way street!
I gotta ask: whatsa M2O Marine? (sticker on scoot rh side forward of footboard) (I know YOU know where it is! Just providing directions for those that missed it and/or were too chicken to ask!)
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

mrbios

• 2005 Kymco Grandvista 250cc
  • Just crusing along on my 2005 GV250
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2019, 07:23:54 PM »
I gotta ask: whatsa M2O Marine? (sticker on scoot rh side forward of footboard) (I know YOU know where it is! Just providing directions for those that missed it and/or were too chicken to ask!)

Sorry, Karl I missed your question.  M2O Marine is a local boat shop and I know one of the owners and he gave me that sticker.  I have since removed it because it was peeling and I put a new sticker in its place.
PaulC

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()