Author Topic: i saw a LIKE on the freeway today  (Read 2184 times)

LidoCA

• I LIKE chinese plastic.
    • View Profile
i saw a LIKE on the freeway today
« on: September 25, 2014, 03:57:13 AM »
 I was driving my work truck through the San Fernando Valley (Like, oh my God) this afternoon. I was passed by a cream colored Like that was lane splitting in the fast lane. I thought to myself, "wow, a brave soul.". It was heavy traffic and he may have only been doing about 30 mph, but it was still a rare sight.
 It was on U.S Hwy 101, in the afternoon. This section of road is six lanes across in each direction. Hats off to the brave, the clueless, or the insane, whichever fits.
 It was liberating to watch, regardless of any safety issue. I gotta get my scooter fixed soon.
Steve
I have ridden well over 17 miles on my scooters.

2013 LIKE 200i LX.
2016 Yamaha SMax
2014 Yamaha Majesty
La Mirada, Ca.

2wheelfun

• View Profile
Re: i saw a LIKE on the freeway today
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 04:29:20 AM »
To me that's suicidal. These scoots with 12in wheels and under 200cc weren't made to go on modern freeways. Lane changers would be the biggest threat, next the 80mph speeders in a 55.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 04:04:45 PM »
In traffic that's no buggy. I've taken 50cc's on the freeway in gridlock before.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

FinancialFider

• Los Angeles 200i Owner
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 05:22:28 AM »
Well I think I did a good job in my freeway trip just watch out for randoms cracks and stay in the slow lane (right lane).

http://youtu.be/SxvD4LlPOV8?list=UUS-9BK7m-OQ9SO6NNYxMoJg
2013 Like200i since Dec.2013. NGK CR7HIX Iridium Spark Plug, Givi37L Top Case, Royal Purple 10-40W Syn Oil, Lucas 75-90W Syn Gear Oil, Michelin City Grip Rear Tire - 130/70-12, and Michelin Bopper Front 120/70-12 Tire. 5,100 as of Oct.2014

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 01:48:29 PM »
I was driving my work truck through the San Fernando Valley (Like, oh my God) this afternoon. I was passed by a cream colored Like that was lane splitting in the fast lane. I thought to myself, "wow, a brave soul.". It was heavy traffic and he may have only been doing about 30 mph, but it was still a rare sight.
 It was on U.S Hwy 101, in the afternoon. This section of road is six lanes across in each direction. Hats off to the brave, the clueless, or the insane, whichever fits.
 It was liberating to watch, regardless of any safety issue. I gotta get my scooter fixed soon.
s
Sitting on a bench w the phone typomg this.
What's the matter with your scoot!?
Stig with too big finger s.
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

LidoCA

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 12:13:12 AM »
It turned out to be just a bad spark plug. Operator error. I didn't check it because it was fairly new. Live and learn. New plug and she is running great.
Steve

2013 LIKE 200i LX.
2016 Yamaha SMax
2014 Yamaha Majesty
La Mirada, Ca.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 12:29:09 AM »
A LIKE on a freeway still gives me the heebeegeebees!
That is crazy.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

LidoCA

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 08:09:21 PM »
 I have been seeing a lot more small wheeled scooters (Kymco, Vespa, Chinese) on the freeway during heavy traffic. Since they are not driving at speed, they must feel safer.  I don't feel safe lane splitting at any speed when the chargers are moving, but some do I guess.
 Every morning watching the local news traffic reports, there always seem to be at least one motorcycle down somewhere. Typically it is right before or after sun up and a car changes lanes in front of them.
Steve

2013 LIKE 200i LX.
2016 Yamaha SMax
2014 Yamaha Majesty
La Mirada, Ca.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 11:00:23 PM »
I do no leisure riding in traffic in the late afternoon sun or at night....I'm too hard to be seen.
At dawn there are very few cars out in my neck of the woods.
And I don't challenge drivers in front or behind me. If they are following too close, I'll pull away & go on to the next safe turning-off to get clear of them.
Simply...I do no leisure riding in heavy traffic.
I love to ride my scooter every day. I have not slept in, when the roads are clear of ice/snow  or heavy rains, since I brought my LIKE home the spring of 2013. I leave 3/4 hr early for my 3.5 mile ride to work, and take the long way 'round.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()