Author Topic: Installing Malossi Windshield on Like 150i  (Read 438 times)

MB Don

• View Profile
Installing Malossi Windshield on Like 150i
« on: May 14, 2021, 11:24:34 PM »
I just received a new Malossi windshield from Scooter Works for my new Kymco Like 150i.  It came with absolutely no directions.  Does anyone know where I can find installation directions?  I've searched Google and You Tube, but without success.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Installing Malossi Windshield on Like 150i
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 11:39:15 PM »
Lots of aftermarket stuff comes with no instructions.
I'd try contacting the seller if it is listed as fitting the LIKE150i.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 06:42:04 PM »
@MB Don,
fortunately are our LIKEs equipped with dedicated spots to mount a windshield, whatever brand you chose. There are only 2 or 3 different mounts available but all are fixed in the same threads.
One/ two are (pls see pics) where your mirrors are placed and screwed in, the other two are beneath your handlebar fairing.
There are four (4) bolts M8x50 mm with washers and two distances used to hold your screen.
When you tighten those screenbolts (mostly M5x40 mm) be aware that you work on an acryl piece and be tender with them.
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 08:00:37 PM »
Hope you can use this photo to sort out the mounting on your LIKE150i.
Well, looking at the parts that come with this Malossi screen.....looks like you mount the bars under the head stock, looping in front, bolting into the same mountings with the turn pods.
If you are not in the USA - then you don't have the turn pods - installation should be simpler.

Malossi gives you helpful instructions on how to wash the screen, nothing else.....ridiculously unhelpful to users, as always!

Hopefully this screen will work with the American turn pods & screen hardware together!
Stig

« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 08:04:13 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()