Author Topic: 1,700 mile followup and noticed changes.  (Read 2881 times)

TANWare

• E3.38, RP oil Eng & FD, Dr Pulley 20x12 14 gr
    • View Profile
1,700 mile followup and noticed changes.
« on: June 05, 2011, 04:14:11 AM »
Did another WOT and wanted to post some noticed changes from early on at 1,700 miles.

1.) the engiine seems to be more free than at early break in

2.) 65 MPH indicated is still about 6,000 RPM

3.) WOT has gone from 87 indicated at 7,300 RPM to 92 indicated at 8,200 RPM (short runs)

4.) WOT pulls much stronger all the way to top speed

5.) Roll on power is much more authorative from 70 MPH.

Again this machine is in no way to be considered a power house of a machine, just that it is addaquate for at least 1 up interstate travel with other traffic. I wanted to update this machine seems to be even more capable of that now. Needless to say I am very happy with the bike with one possible exception.

that being I was going to ride to PA yesterday morning, estate business, but the winds were 15 MPH with gusts at 35 MPH and it was supposed to get worst durring the day. We even had a tornado warning for a bit later on and winds were all speeds form all different directions too. I started out and within 20 minutes returned home. While these winds would affect me on my V65 this light bike gets blown around a bit more. So for this one situation I found myself wanting that heavier and more powerfull Burgman 650. I should note I didn't even drive the car as with those winds even the cage is not a fully comfortable 7 hour plus drive up and back so even the Burgy may not have sufficed.

Edit; I should note, although I can't prove it, that it feels like there is some type of speed limit or RPM circuitry going on here, I add this as 90 showed up with spikes to 92 MPH and it did not matter if sitting up or croutched down................
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 04:42:54 AM by TANWare »

racewalker

• View Profile
Re: 1,700 mile followup and noticed changes.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 12:11:24 PM »

that being I was going to ride to PA yesterday morning, estate business, but the winds were 15 MPH with gusts at 35 MPH and it was supposed to get worst durring the day.

This is what I have been running in every day sense I got the new bike. I would love to have a quiet day when I am off work to do a trip with it. I would love to run down to regina,Sask. About a 5 hour round trip.
08 People S 125
11 Downtown 300i

TANWare

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 03:39:44 PM »
This is what I have been running in every day sense I got the new bike. I would love to have a quiet day when I am off work to do a trip with it. I would love to run down to regina,Sask. About a 5 hour round trip.

That stinks, have had quite a few decent days here at least....................

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 03:47:32 PM »
I live in south Georgia and it's been quite windy for 2 freaking months!  My sister lives in Flagstaff AZ and says its been unseasonably windy there too! 

TANWare

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 05:52:48 PM »
I live in south Georgia and it's been quite windy for 2 freaking months!  My sister lives in Flagstaff AZ and says its been unseasonably windy there too! 

I live in NJ, there sems to have ben more windy days than usual but a few nice ones here and there too. It has been a chanalnge on some days to rack up some miles so I can report on the bike, and have fun while doing it.

I am amazed at the MPG this is returning despite my wrist having its time with the bike. If I drove my cage in the same manor I would be lucky to see 15 MPG. The bike is great too for small errands.

As I get to0 use and ride the bike I have realized it would be great to have a large top box for extra cargo. I degress as that is another thread............

DowntownFl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 09:33:21 PM »
I added the Shad SH-45 and am very happy with it.  It's great for picking up take-out lunch and bringing it home.  I'm riding about 200 miles every 7-9 days.  Currently I have 210 miles on this tank and still have 2 of the 5 indicators lite on the gas gage.  This looks like it could get close to 80mph on this tank.  I really like the ride, it's quite and smooth.  I have about 1300 miles registered as of today.

TANWare

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 07:02:50 PM »
I added the Shad SH-45 and am very happy with it.  It's great for picking up take-out lunch and bringing it home.  I'm riding about 200 miles every 7-9 days.  Currently I have 210 miles on this tank and still have 2 of the 5 indicators lite on the gas gage.  This looks like it could get close to 80mph on this tank.  I really like the ride, it's quite and smooth.  I have about 1300 miles registered as of today.

Very cool, I just got a 80 MPG tank fill................

TANWare

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 02:13:37 AM »
now at 2,100 miles the mild changes seem to have leveled off. The bike I think is pretty well broken in now.............

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()