Author Topic: my zx50 issues  (Read 102765 times)

Shaka

• View Profile
Re: my zx50 issues
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2010, 01:44:11 AM »
I think the 6 gram rollers may be too light.  I would go more for 7 - 7.5g.  You will notice a big difference with the Technigas pipe!  Just be sure to rejet the carb!  I'm also not sure you can change the needle height on the stock carb, I'd have to pull mine out and look.  Actuallly, you said you got a new carb, is it a oem replacement?

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2010, 02:09:31 AM »
really, i see that these stock ones are 8.5.. guess one g can make a difference tho huh?... the carbs not actually new, it is to my scoot.. supposedly when i "cleaned" mine, i "cleaned" to much and opened holes to big??? i opened up every hole inside, made sure it was clear..idk?,. said that honda dio, dailim's(sp??) are same motors. still a keihin tho, lil bity thing...lmao...so you agree i can put pipe on and rejet before kit,( may have to ride for a day or two to get the cash up for kit)...lmao.. 7 rollers, pipe, rejet, pod filter.
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2010, 02:16:53 AM »
You will just have to re-jet, and maybe re-tune the cvt after the cyl. kit. That 1gr is per roller so when you add them up =6gr. The pipe will only work when you change the jets/intake filter. so doing them together will be perfectly safe. A pipe alone could go bad for you
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2010, 02:25:35 AM »
cool, thanks dude.. yeah, i cant wait to see how its running if its finally correct...rlmao... i may have to wait till friday for pipe, etc.... have any suggestions for co. for jets or would it matter?
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2010, 02:35:25 AM »
1g off each roller will make a noticeable difference!  Like Zombie said, 1g is actually 6g of rotational weight.  You will also want to install probably 1500 rpm small clutch springs with the pipe.  These will allow the engine to rev up to the powerband of the pipe at take off.  I have ordered my jets for my Arreche carb from provoscooter.  I see they also have Keihin jets as well.  You may want to email them with the model # of your carb so they can verify fit for you.  They have always been very helpful answering tech. questions.  http://www.provoscooter.com/scooters/keihin-round-main-jet-99101-393.html

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2010, 02:53:29 AM »
got my scoot back tonight.. only rode in the parking lot but i could tell a BIG difference that quickly from the way it ran last week...think shes correct..cant wait till tomorrow so i can take it up the rd and see and make sure i still have my 45-47 mph.(hope a bit more).i should have pipe,rollers this week. dude still told me that i dont have to rejet with pipe, and to go with 6-6.5 rollers: said i could even go 3 12's??? did put a 130 tire on also..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2010, 03:22:51 AM »
I'm sure you will notice a difference with the 130 tire.  What kind of tire did you get?  Don't run the 3 roller setup!  They will prematurely wear, along with other issues I've heard!  You may not have to rejet with just the pipe, but you will not be getting the full advantage unless you also replace the air box with an open filter.  You will definitely have to rejet with both!  You can't get more air out without letting more air in!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2010, 03:34:07 AM »
DDidn't you mean 25-27? Just messing! I see another EBay junkie...  Here's a link to what your spark plug should look like  http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:GWxVkWUBzb4J:www.paradrenalin.com/Spark%2520Plug%2520Color%2520Chart.pdf+spark+plug+color+chart&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESij0N5FFPocWiwf4VDFupy6mWSfW6Y9XR0I_Ymp64WOx9D72jUqD0kdOAEnh0fH7FRyozRn6oa_BFhYYouLdpfkta1EnqOVruCfhs02ooOG3qCxPLQkfktjuf4Q_pCJn7iBOWun&sig=AHIEtbQIrrHzVlFaomFOfOEef_UncivxVg       CCheck it after 3--5 miles, and see. Check again after 10 or so. you will see that your plug will tell all about your tune. You can narrow your tuning by checking a new plug after 60 sseconds at a particular rpm range. Ask shaka! I think he is still selling "slightly" used plugs!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2010, 11:03:41 AM »
yeah, i didnt even like the 3 roller idea.. shop guy had said the pod filters let in dirt, if i hit a puddle, rain, that itll kill my motor..i try not to run through puddles...lmao but i have been caught in rain,hail several times..still swearing the kits arent good. EVEN said about your longevity with both of your two kits.. said you was lucky.. oh crap, fine tuning will probably kill ME...lmao(multiple plugs,multiple sets of rollers,etc.. )...eh, it had a parts unlimited, drag specialties, tag on it but its a taiwan?? tire.. not a michelin for sure...lmao. i was in need of one badly.. i see snow AGAIN outside sooooo, hope i can get it out..lol
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2010, 09:42:38 PM »
hey guys, well i tried to check out that link you sent...im on my phone,puter died so im not sure why i couldnt pull it up. so why am i looking at plug?? look for??....i actually lost 5mph with the new main spring?? normal loss??.. take off is way better tho. hope pipe and rollers will give it back and then some....ill tell you now, i am a box of rocks on sum fine tuning, like i know if its "right"....lmao....hmmm, next to do list plz....lmao
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2010, 09:59:08 PM »
I'll post the link again for the plug chart. The color of the plug will tell you everything that is happening your combustion chamber. When you see the chart you will understand.    http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:GWxVkWUBzb4J:www.paradrenalin.com/Spark%2520Plug%2520Color%2520Chart.pdf+spark+plug+color+chart&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESij0N5FFPocWiwf4VDFupy6mWSfW6Y9XR0I_Ymp64WOx9D72jUqD0kdOAEnh0fH7FRyozRn6oa_BFhYYouLdpfkta1EnqOVruCfhs02ooOG3qCxPLQkfktjuf4Q_pCJn7iBOWun&sig=AHIEtbQIrrHzVlFaomFOfOEef_UncivxVg   Which spring did you install? It may be too strong for your set up. The take off is better because the spring is holding the ramp closed longer. With a new pipe/intake filter/jets you will gain the power to compress that spring. If you go lighter on the rollers now you will loose more top end. The larger tire will add to your top end once you have the torque to spin it up. I believe I see 2-3 mph from the 130.   

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2010, 12:38:59 AM »
Like Zombie said, if you go too firm on the main clutch spring you will loose some top end due to the variator not having enough pull to compress that spring and open the torque driver.  If you go with heavier rollers you will get your top end back.  Like I said before, everything has to work together!

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2010, 03:33:39 AM »
i installed the yellow 1500 spring... i thought when i put the pipe on, i wanted lighter rollers???. the factory ones r 8.5...i definately dont want to go slower.. dude still says no pod filter, well i even had on my car and i didnt destoy the engine..lmao. makes sense tho. more air, more fuel,, more power.. has anyone removed front turn signal and wired to euro covers??
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2010, 03:52:44 AM »
I'm running the white Malossi spring "1000"  so I can imagine the yellow one slowed you down!  Are you still running the stock 8.5g rollers?  When are you getting the pipe?  If soon, then I would just wait till you install it to do the final cvt tuning.  With the pipe you will also have to change your small clutch springs.  These will allow you to take-off from a stop in the power band.  There is not really much point in doing the pipe without the air filter.  The air filter will be your "restriction".  Can't flow out more exhaust, without sucking in more air!  I do have just a pipe on my Vento, but I'm trying to keep that relatively stock.  I may end up changing the air filter out it, but I haven't gotten that far yet.  It's a project in the works.  It definitely needs the cvt tuned though!  You might find you like it with just the pipe, and no air filter.  It will be much quieter!  If you want to squeeze some more performance out of it you will need to allow more air into the motor!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2010, 05:12:58 AM »
Ok I think I got it. With the pipe you do want lighter rollers they will allow the rpm to reach the point where the pipe, and porting build the most torque. (powerband) with that extra power there is enough torque to open your ramps. If you clog that all up with a factory cork, you would be better offf forgetting the pipe for now and tuning the cvt to the max. swapping springs, and rollers is much cheaper than plugging up an expensive system. The second problem with that is you will never be able to tune something like that to run correctly. And Yeah! you just cut the wires going to the l/r stalks, and run them up to the lamps. Those round reflectors will fit into the mount holes left by the stalks

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()