Author Topic: my zx50 issues  (Read 102769 times)

Shaka

• View Profile
Re: my zx50 issues
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2010, 05:45:52 PM »
Besides we need more zx's here. The Ag's are breeding like roaches.

Amen brother!

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2010, 09:47:01 PM »
daaaaam, sounds sweet on both of your scoots.... i have a long parts list before i could compete...lmao.... the guy at tge shop said i couldnt have take off AND top end.. the pipe and weights were for friday buuut he says this. even said changing gears was a waste(actual gear)???. must have been crazy to me, said i should hit 55 good wit pipe. guess i have to wait till monday, snowed AGAIN. couldnt pick mine up yesterday.. is there a difference on the variator itself over a oem?(roller weight cage)?? so an 8.3.1 over the stock 7.3.1 gear is a big deal.??.last thing on list??well i weight 220 myself.. should i go with 6 rollers??..sorry for all the ?? dude...
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 10:17:43 PM »
I have 5.5gr Malossi rollers, and the medium Malossi springs in the clutch. It is in the fine tuning that you get the best of both worlds! NOT in a one size fits all KIT. Most dealers are one size fits all. Some artermarket pipes alone will destroy your engine in no time. An expansion chamber or tuned pipe uses sound waves to PULL the exhaust out of the cylinder. this can avalanche into pulling the intake charge out. So a pipe alone will not do it for you. Work on your oem running issues, and get it back in shape. Then I would suggest good cvt parts. They don't cost too much to tune. If you need a jug kit, it will work with your stock carb/pipe (70cc kit that is) It just won't scream YET.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 11:44:40 PM »
Zombie has the gearing done in his scoot, so his cvt setup will be a little different.  My current cvt setup is malossi multivar variator (which is different than the oem, larger face & more progressive roller ramps) with 9g Dr. Pulley sliders (a bit on the heavy side, to keep the front wheel down), Malossi kevlar belt, stock clutch with 1500rpm Jasil small springs, Malossi 1000 main spring, stock final drive gears.  I doubt you can hit 55mph with the stock motor, best I ever got was about 47mph even with everything else tuned!  Even as she sits now, I have to have perfect conditions to hit 55mph!  Changing the cvt parts will not increase top speed only acceleration!  It seems breaking the 50mph mark on a 50cc is where the extra mph get expensive!

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2010, 12:36:20 AM »
i cant even imagine the zx coming off the ground...lol for real, seems to heavy... yeah, im way behind then...lol.. i was gonna change the clutch springs, lil ones but he said those were tight enough and the stock var was ok... it seems more an more HE wants it totally stock.. i did choose the 1500 main spring. should i go 1500 or 2000 for the clutch springs? so i can put a kit on even before the carb..whew..lmwo cant do it all at once, unfortunately :'(
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2010, 12:41:18 AM »
I would say to go w/ the 1500. It will be more ride-able for now. You have a devil on one shoulder, and a demon on the other. Which one is which?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2010, 12:53:59 AM »
more ridable for now??????...im lost, imagine that...lmao you mean ill have to get more?..ever any used parts available?
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2010, 03:22:05 AM »
I ran the stock variator for a long time, even after I did the big bore.  It really didn't make a huge difference.  You should be fine just changing the weights in the stock one.  I would go with the 1500 small clutch springs and wait on the main clutch spring (it comes with the Malossi Multivar).  I'm sure you could get away with running a big bore with the stock carb, but it will have to be rejetted!  I bought all my major stuff as a kit from Moped Hospital.  It is much more cost effective to upgrade that way!  I totally understand not being able to do everything at once though!  I had to save for awhile, while driving around with a weak motor! 
Ps. I doubt you would be able to get the front wheel up with the 50cc, the 70cc has a lot more torque!  Headwinds and hills aren't much of an issue anymore either!

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2010, 03:29:00 AM »
I would say to go w/ the 1500. It will be more ride-able for now. You have a devil on one shoulder, and a demon on the other. Which one is which?
...still trying to figure which is which......lmao
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2010, 03:41:06 PM »
Zombie has the gearing done in his scoot, so his cvt setup will be a little different.  My current cvt setup is malossi multivar variator (which is different than the oem, larger face & more progressive roller ramps) with 9g Dr. Pulley sliders (a bit on the heavy side, to keep the front wheel down), Malossi kevlar belt, stock clutch with 1500rpm Jasil small springs, Malossi 1000 main spring, stock final drive gears.  I doubt you can hit 55mph with the stock motor, best I ever got was about 47mph even with everything else tuned!  Even as she sits now, I have to have perfect conditions to hit 55mph!  Changing the cvt parts will not increase top speed only acceleration!  It seems breaking the 50mph mark on a 50cc is where the extra mph get expensive!

..same here...it sux....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2010, 08:51:02 PM »
what up guys? ok, got the piston,rings..being put on today, should be good..lmao.. now in what order do any of you say to putting parts on??(do have new springs already,of course unrescricted)...whats the purpose of removing the oil pump?..oh yeah, whats both of your body weights?..im 220, surely thatll change things?..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2010, 09:34:02 PM »
I would put in the springs, next go to lighter rollers. They will give a higher launch rpm. you will be closer to the power band, and have much better acell. I weigh in at 200lbs. and my scoot has plenty of power to pull. I zip tied my oil pump open to keep the max mix at all rpms. I also run about 1oz oil in the fuel. I also have changed to a hotter plug to prevent oil fouling. Shaka pulled his pump because he runs straight pre mix, and wanted the extra rpm's the pump might have been stealing. What is the dealer charging for the work? Just curious...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2010, 11:20:16 PM »
Exactly what Zombie said!  I weigh about 155lbs.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2010, 01:25:00 AM »
sounds like a plan then....well, the carb work was 65.. said the piston job should only take him an hr.(panels were off). 50 for that part. he charges that an hr. i know. said he was 98% sure itll be right now. i was thinking of some 6 rollers. i want to put that technigas next exhaust on with it, but you said not to, he said it would'nt hurt at all, said it'd help it alot an run a pod filter with a rejet.
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2010, 01:38:06 AM »
That is the way to go on the pipe. Install your air filter, and re-jet at the same time. The six gr rollers will do a lot better than the stock 12's. I would get four jet sizes to try to dial it in.88, 92, 95,and 100. With a stock jug one of these will get your top end correct, and you can tune the mid range by moving your needle height. I would also suggest running your idle mix screw 1/2-3/4 turn on the rich side. That will keep the piston cool on de-acell... You should be running close to 50mph with that set up. Pull back a little, and you might see some wheelie action.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()