Author Topic: Cosmetic Parts for Super 9  (Read 1064 times)

scootyeti

• View Profile
Cosmetic Parts for Super 9
« on: April 10, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »
Hi All,

I used to live in a area full of bars etc where drunk assholes would knock my Super 9 down on Friday nights. Now that I've moved, I have some cosmetic damage that I think is finally worth fixing. The main thing are the two panels just above the headlight that hide the wires etc (sorry don't know their actual name) are busted up. Do you know where online I can order those things? Most of the parts sites I've looked at seem to only have mechanical not cosmetic parts.

A few more things too while I have your attention :-)

1. My battery is dead too (just kick starting right now)? Any recs on what I should use
2. Any recs on where to pick up one of those carrier that's goes behind the bike. It would be nice to have the room for extra groceries or another helmet.
3. I talked to a random stranger (on a vespa) who had one of those big shield type things coming out of the front. She said it makes a big difference with the temp especially in early spring and fall. Is this your experience? Also where does one go to buy those things if one was interested?

Thanks,
Sakar 

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Cosmetic Parts for Super 9
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 10:29:58 PM »
This will get you the plastics   http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/default.aspx   I recommend the sealed gell cell batteries. Mine is an Interstate that I picked up Local for $48.00. The gell cell has held a charge for several days w/ the key left on where the wet acid type only lasts overnight. I used an H5 series. It is almost an inch taller but still fit in the compartment. Ebay is a good source for a cargo box. You can find them every day on there. Same w/ the windshield. You may have to custom mount a set up as I don't think anyone makes one for the S9. Post up some picts if you get it all set up tho.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()