Author Topic: Changing a flat  (Read 1758 times)

Freerider

• View Profile
Changing a flat
« on: March 28, 2011, 08:41:44 PM »
Is there a simole method to remove wheels to change a flat if I should get one on the Super 150 or do I need a shop to do it?

Thanks!

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
Re: Changing a flat
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 09:27:01 PM »
I haven't had the wheels off of mine yet.  Removing the front wheel looks real easy, not so sure about the rear.  Do you just want to remove the wheels or do you want to install new tires too?
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

Freerider

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 10:05:33 PM »
Well without having my scooter yet was hoping to learn if I could repair a flat myself or insert a tube, or have a spare tire available if need be.

Cant seem to find any repair manuals so far.

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 02:45:06 AM »
Don't know about the Super 8, sorry.  If you want a little peace of mind about flats, carry a cheap little tire plugging kit and a small foot pump with you everywhere.  I carry both if I'm going any distance from home.  A plug will at least likely get you home or to a shop where a more permanent fix can be done.  Make sure the glue in the plug kit is fresh, not old and dried up.   :D

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 12:02:45 PM »
I carry a tubeless tire repair kit and a CO2 inflater for temprary repairs if I get a flat on the road.  Here's a link to the tool kit I carry with me on the Super 8: http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=3434.0
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()