Author Topic: looking for help on ajusting the carb on my super 8 150  (Read 5878 times)

boydstir2291

• [IMG]http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc74/boyds
    • View Profile
looking for help on ajusting the carb on my super 8 150
« on: October 23, 2010, 03:39:52 PM »
the bike bogs down under quick acceleration  i think i need to get  it more fuel at the bottom    please help   thanks again   

juice

• View Profile
Re: looking for help on ajusting the carb on my super 8 150
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 04:58:50 PM »
Judging from the milage it sounds like you haven't been riding much . Gas goes bad these days in a very short time . You could try putting fresh gas with 1 oz.per gal of seafoam additive in it , that may remedy your running problems . Good luck .

boydstir2291

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 05:39:39 PM »
okay i did add some 92 octane fuel and tecrolene  ware do i find the seafoam ?

lankeeyankee

• I have an attitude problem with stupidity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 08:10:40 AM »
Sounds like the PAJ is dirty. Search on removing the float bowl of your carburetor to remove and clean the PAJ correctly.

boydstir2291

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 02:06:40 AM »
okay i have pulled the carb and cleaned it and it runs great for a minutes then back to bogging under hard take offs      i would like to just put a new carb that is plug in  play no changes to install new one any ides anyone   i would really like to know what screw is the air and fuel on this carb ?    help please     

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 02:35:46 AM »
Hi, boydstir2291. Have you tried downloading this manual? I read it's the same as the 125cc and the 50cc. If it is, it may help.

http://scootergrisen.dk/scooterhjemmeside/download/super8_servicemanual.pdf

Good luck.

lankeeyankee

• I have an attitude problem with stupidity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 12:38:06 AM »
Does this issue seem to get worse or better as the engine temp increases?
You say you cleaned the carburetor? To what extent did you clean in it in detail? (some people feel a can of carb cleaner spraying it into the back of the carb at high rpms is cleaning the carb.
You say you cleaned the carb and it got better and after a minute it started back again? Is it possible you got more trash in the carb jets? Are you using a fuel filter, if so have you replaced it?
Vacuum leaks? Have you checked? How did you check for a vacuum leak?
Remove the air filter, does the problem get better or worse?

Putting 92 octane in will not solve an issue with bad gas. Now if you stated you drained your gas tank completely and refilled the tank with a name brand fuel then you can eliminate bad fuel from the equation.
Since we arent with you in your garage helping we need AS MUCH AS information as possible to troubleshoot properly and not induce problems.

sparko

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 04:59:13 AM »
boydstir2291:

http://hondanighthawks.net/carbhelp.htm?

Here is a link that can help you understand a lot of what happens in a carburetor. Don't worry about the bike 'bogging down' at a hard take-off. You need to understand what you are doing before you mess with the settings on your carb. Otherwise, you might just burn up the bike by turning screws that aren't familiar to you. You will learn a lot but go slowly. That bike is probably fast enough for you as it is. There is a Lot to know about your bike. Go slow at first and don't do anything unless you know what you are doing. Always make a note on paper about what you did, such as 'turned pilot screw one quarter turn counterclockwise". Put the date and time and keep a little notebook in your bike for future reference.  This will really help you become aware that there is a method for adjusting your bike. As Jprestonian quoted his best mechanic, "The best scooter mechanic I know said, "There's a reason they put that engine in THAT bike, and believe me, the people who designed it are a lot smarter than you or I." I tend to think there's a bit of truth to that." Don't go messing with something you don't know about. You will become an expert someday but it will take time. If it were easy, everybody could do it. I turned my super 9 ac pilot screw a half turn clockwise the other day and the idle screw a quarter turn counterclockwise. I know this because it is documented in my log. Now it runs better in the cold as it was running lean. But I know what I did. Hope this helps. Be patient.

I hope jprestonian doesn't mind that I quoted him. It just seemed like such good basic advice for a novice like myself.

sparko

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 03:47:05 PM »
another good link

http://scootnfast.com/index.html

let us know how it goes

stepantex

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 11:10:17 AM »
for super8 125, how many turns in a/f screw to get the perfect setting mixture.  (all stock carb).

thanks, more power.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()