Author Topic: vibration and noise??  (Read 2297 times)

jw_334

• View Profile
vibration and noise??
« on: October 01, 2014, 11:29:22 AM »
How does the uxv line of side by sides compare to other brands as far as cab noise and vibration? I know that the Polaris ranger is touted as being very quiet and vibration free. Anybody have any comparative information?

Thanks

Blue500SEi

• 2012 UXV 500SEi all stock
    • View Profile
Re: vibration and noise??
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 05:28:54 PM »
Good question.  I have nothing to compare it too.  The best I can say is that I have received comments from others on the trail that it sounded pretty quiet. 

jw_334

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 12:31:54 AM »
Reviving an old question in hopes of more information.

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 01:43:39 AM »
    When I bought my 450i in Jan of 2015 it had less rattle and vibration than any of the Hisun or other Chinese machines. Test drove a Polaris ranger and it was about the same but the construction of the ranger turned me off as being rather cheap and not well put together, welds were terrible. Most of the other side x side machines were to big for my liking, I was looking for a smaller machine.

jw_334

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 01:50:31 AM »
Thanks airshot. I find myself leaning toward the Kymco. But i still also find myself being wary of anything but the name brand machines. Altho the reviews i have read on Kymco leave me feeling pretty good about their machines.

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 02:54:40 AM »
can say that I have experienced any vibration. It could be a little quieter, both exhaust, and intake honk
RandyO
IBA#9560

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 10:35:07 PM »
Thanks airshot. I find myself leaning toward the Kymco. But i still also find myself being wary of anything but the name brand machines. Altho the reviews i have read on Kymco leave me feeling pretty good about their machines.

When I bought my machine (jan 2016) there was an article published in one of the atv/utv magazines according to some recent surveys etc etc...that the Kymco brand had the fewest customer complaints per 100 units produced of any major brand and also scored highest on customer service based on customer survey's.......for what that might be worth.  I do know there dealers have been much more consumer friendly!!!  My dealer allowed a complete test ride on a track with hills, mud, fast straights etc. Had no problem giving it a thorough test!! No other dealer within 100 miles did any such thing.

MaineIac

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2017, 12:17:55 AM »
i havent had any issues with vibration. i have the full cab enclosure, the noise is a bit much. take the doors off it isnt too bad

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2017, 01:08:46 AM »
i havent had any issues with vibration. i have the full cab enclosure, the noise is a bit much. take the doors off it isnt too bad

They all have vibration and noise !  Some just worse than others, I could see where the full enclosure woud amplify the noise, just having a full windshield vs a half creates more cab noise. Just the nature of the beast I guess

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2017, 12:22:51 PM »
yesterday, I was trying to pay attention to the noise, and determined most of the noise is tire noise, on the road at least, of course, most of that goes away at lower speeds off road.

just ordered a set of street tires, hopefully a lot of my noise will go away
RandyO
IBA#9560

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2017, 02:27:13 PM »
     Yes tires make a lot of noise on pavement, and so does the engine make some noise coming up where the seat back meets the seat bottom. Very little if any sound deadening in there. Often thought of adding some extra there but I guess it is not that bad.  I have road other machines that are much louder, much louder!

Macman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2017, 04:00:41 PM »
I had a vibration I couldn't get rid of for the life of me, not saying that made it a bad machine though.  Quality is quite high, the only thing I thought needed work was how scabby and small the frame welds look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2017, 02:44:45 AM »
I had a vibration I couldn't get rid of for the life of me, not saying that made it a bad machine though.  Quality is quite high, the only thing I thought needed work was how scabby and small the frame welds look.

On my machine the welds are continuous all the way around and look better than any other machine I looked at.  That was one of the things that impressed me about their build quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()