Author Topic: UXV 700 seat belt engine limiter  (Read 372 times)

ozhills

• View Profile
UXV 700 seat belt engine limiter
« on: February 27, 2022, 09:59:25 PM »
In the Australian market at least, there is a "feature" which prevents the engine from going over a certain speed if the driver seat belt isn't in the buckle slot.

This is really bad, because there is another feature: the seat belt won't extend if the vehicle is sideways on a slope of more than say 10 degrees.

So just when you most need the seatbelt, you can't put it on!  And so just when you most need the engine to work properly (ie to go up a hill), you have the limiter causing it to cut out.

I guess I could get a buckle and stick it permanently in the slot.  Or complete the circuit by attaching the wires.

What have others done about this problem?  Is there a cheap buckle on ebay which would work?

thanks...

airshot

• View Profile
Re: UXV 700 seat belt engine limiter
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 05:32:05 PM »
We dont have that here in the USA versions, you nay need to look at an electrical schematic and see if that can be bypassed. My lawn mower has a bypass ifvyou lift your butt off the seat while in gear, using a schematic I found online, I was able to unplug the unit that caused that issue.  Sorry I couldnt be of more help.....

Bratman2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 09:53:45 PM »
My USA 700 has that same feature. Not sure but maybe 8 mph before it falls on it's face. I just buckle up, pretty easy really.
2019 UXV 700i LE Hunter
2014 MXU 450i
2004 Mongoose 90 (grandson's)
2010 Grizzly 450

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 02:08:24 AM »
My USA 700 has that same feature. Not sure but maybe 8 mph before it falls on it's face. I just buckle up, pretty easy really.

Wonder if that is something new, my 2016 450i does not have that, I know a couple other folks with Kymco machines and never heard of that....is your a new machine?   I might need to get educated !!

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2022, 01:18:28 AM »
In the Australian market at least, there is a "feature" which prevents the engine from going over a certain speed if the driver seat belt isn't in the buckle slot.

This is really bad, because there is another feature: the seat belt won't extend if the vehicle is sideways on a slope of more than say 10 degrees.

So just when you most need the seatbelt, you can't put it on!  And so just when you most need the engine to work properly (ie to go up a hill), you have the limiter causing it to cut out.

I guess I could get a buckle and stick it permanently in the slot.  Or complete the circuit by attaching the wires.

What have others done about this problem?  Is there a cheap buckle on ebay which would work?

thanks...

Or put the seat belt on.....?

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Bratman2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2022, 03:53:08 AM »
My 700 is a 2019. We have a bunch of John Deere Gators at work, and they are the same way.
2019 UXV 700i LE Hunter
2014 MXU 450i
2004 Mongoose 90 (grandson's)
2010 Grizzly 450

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2022, 05:51:33 PM »
My 700 is a 2019. We have a bunch of John Deere Gators at work, and they are the same way.

Very interesting...the 450 dont have these safety items but it seems the 700 does, so why ???  To much power, speed, just curious. I dont want these features just wondering why only on the 700??

ozhills

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2022, 09:44:31 PM »
Purchased new in 2021.Can't put the seat belt on when the reel won't unspool on a slope (another safety feature not working as intended...).

So I'm looking for an aftermarket seat belt tongue I can insert when I need to get out of trouble.

The seat belt buckle tongue says 1C20042 on it, but Google can't find that and the part is not individually identified at https://shop.starcycle.com.au/partFinder/fiche/kymco/2020/uxv700i-ubadkf-au/f09-seat?search=belt#partid-825036

Most of the aftermarket buckles on eBay seem to be 21mm wide; this one is 26mm wide.

Anyone know whether a 21mm wide tongue would do the trick?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()