Author Topic: DT300i 2012 cuts out when warm  (Read 253 times)

philcol76

• View Profile
DT300i 2012 cuts out when warm
« on: May 24, 2023, 07:42:39 PM »
Hi All, I have a 2012 300i that has been stood for 2+yrs and I've used it twice this week. Each time it gets warm it doesn't idle when coming to a stop but does restart on the push of the button. Does anyone have any ideas on where to begin looking for the problem? When starting from cold, it runs perfectly and pulls very well, showing 75+ on the speedo but as soon as I see it has got to the second temp mark, I know it will cut out when at traffic lights and I have to hold the throttle on to stop it cutting out, not the safest way to ride. I have checked the air filter and took off the seat to make sure there are no air leaks as this was the only thing I could check after Googling the issue where most articles then refer to carb bikes. Any pointers would be gratefully received.

Phil

Ruffus

• View Profile
Re: DT300i 2012 cuts out when warm
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 08:23:32 PM »
@philcol76 welcome here!
Your scoot and its injection system is a little bit sensitive when it comes to:

-no air through its fuelcap ventilation
-dirt in line and then injector
-fuelpump faulty
-used up sparkplug, cable and coil
Pls check this above.

Take air intake completely off from your jet system, to eliminate a fault there.
Further:
-longtime parked and heating up could mean your cooling system is not functioning, i.g. no liquid there anymore!
Pls check up on that too. In your radiator too, not only in its expansion tank.

Feel free to ask Qs.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 12:40:15 PM by Ruffus »
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 10:52:05 PM »
Hi All, I have a 2012 300i that has been stood for 2+yrs and I've used it twice this week. Each time it gets warm it doesn't idle when coming to a stop but does restart on the push of the button. Does anyone have any ideas on where to begin looking for the problem? When starting from cold, it runs perfectly and pulls very well, showing 75+ on the speedo but as soon as I see it has got to the second temp mark, I know it will cut out when at traffic lights and I have to hold the throttle on to stop it cutting out, not the safest way to ride. I have checked the air filter and took off the seat to make sure there are no air leaks as this was the only thing I could check after Googling the issue where most articles then refer to carb bikes. Any pointers would be gratefully received.

Phil
300i means it is fuel injected. EFI, throttle body...etc.
Ruffus has made several good recommendations to check, rectify or eliminate. I will add one more that was present on TWO DT300i scoots of mine: fuel tank vent valve stuck shut.
Next time it requires throttle to keep running at a stoplight, whip out your second key and open the gas cap. See if the engine perks up and idles properly.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

NorWeWa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2023, 04:24:16 PM »
You can download the manual for your 2012 Downtown 3001 from here. You can check out the possible problem using the trouble shooting section.  https://kymco.at/pub/media/Download/Kymco/WHBDowntown300i.pdf   

Art

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()