Author Topic: Speedo  (Read 324 times)

Kymco Symco

• View Profile
Speedo
« on: April 05, 2023, 05:39:54 PM »
Thanks btw for the help on my other post asking about the wires etc. couldn't reply on that post at the end for some reason
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 04:01:15 PM by xwelder »

Kymco Symco

• View Profile
Re: Speedo
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2023, 05:48:26 PM »
weird....was going back to edit the post and that error message was there ?

anyway yesterdays work on bike......poor buggers had a hard time with last user or shall i suggest abuser

stripped down to allow work......both pads down to bare metal. radiator looks like it's been in a meteor storm..

some people don't look after things it seems

and while i think of it. i've used this oil on previous bikes...is it ok to use with the downtown ? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121799799494

« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 06:07:10 PM by xwelder »

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2023, 07:46:06 PM »
Probably work fine. I have used so-called "Full synthetic" here in US since the first oil change with great/good/normal results. Any oil is better than no oil!

I am very partial to the DT300i for many reasons and I will bet you will be, too, if this one is basically sound. You best try to straighten the fins on that radiator....
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Kymco Symco

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2023, 07:52:59 PM »
Probably work fine. I have used so-called "Full synthetic" here in US since the first oil change with great/good/normal results. Any oil is better than no oil!

I am very partial to the DT300i for many reasons and I will bet you will be, too, if this one is basically sound. You best try to straighten the fins on that radiator....

Thanks....been using the oil for a few years now with no issues.....sadly radiator is beyond repair & use . i've sourced a better second hand one....

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2023, 08:13:35 PM »
ouch, that radiator looks awful!

regarding the oil, yes, that oil is fine but you unless you have a wet clutch that shares oil with the engine there's no real need for motorcycle (4T) oil. Won't hurt anything but not necessary.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2023, 01:33:06 AM »
ouch, that radiator looks awful!

regarding the oil, yes, that oil is fine but you unless you have a wet clutch that shares oil with the engine there's no real need for motorcycle (4T) oil. Won't hurt anything but not necessary.
Absolutely! I missed that. Use good grade of car synthetic. Cheaper and gooder! No wet clutch in that baby!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Kymco Symco

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2023, 06:37:08 AM »
Absolutely! I missed that. Use good grade of car synthetic. Cheaper and gooder! No wet clutch in that baby!

thanks....

i've got a few litres left from a previous bike....so can use that then switch to another brand afterwards

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()