Author Topic: STIG- new parts SOLVED~!  (Read 35072 times)

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
Re: STIG- new parts SOLVED~!
« Reply #165 on: November 12, 2014, 01:03:46 PM »
I hear you B&L. I still just wonder about the mysterious seal like Stig did. But if you were so sure about the complete unit, then you are for sure able to also explain the still mysterious seal. If you can, pls do it.

I am 100% aware of the fact that an end consumer has to order the whole unit for the sake of moneymaking. But I am still not sure nor convinced, that a dealers service dep. has also to order the whole unit from the main importer.... Maybe they are able to order the ecu alone and attach it to the old throttlebody (with a new seal in between). And I see no good technical reason why this wouldn´t be possible.

I could also give a number of examples exacetly for that issue from other professions spare parts aereas. It´s all a sort of economic gameplaying...

Thats why I asked. Unfortunately Stig didn´t or didn´t want to ask - so far. ECU and Throttlebody have each a seperate Number engraved or printed on.
This question is especially interesting beyond the warranty time for end consumers.
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #166 on: November 12, 2014, 07:02:51 PM »
I work at a dealer and have direct access to KymcoUSA parts account, I can assure you they are NOT order-able separate, only as one "throttle body assy". Most likely the gasket they were waiting for was the o-ring that seals the intake manifold to the cylinder head. Or the MOST likely was that they didn't order the throttle body right away and were buying time saying that "we need to order an o-ring".
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 12, 2014, 10:43:34 PM »
Stig,

So glad to read your Like troubles have been resolved. Happy riding Stigmeister.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 13, 2014, 01:23:25 AM »
I work at a dealer and have direct access to KymcoUSA parts account, I can assure you they are NOT order-able separate, only as one "throttle body assy". Most likely the gasket they were waiting for was the o-ring that seals the intake manifold to the cylinder head. Or the MOST likely was that they didn't order the throttle body right away and were buying time saying that "we need to order an o-ring".

The part number listed on my copy of the completed warranty work order for the "SEAL Throttle ECU" is: 91302-LEB2-900
This # was not found in my searches - but 91302 are prefexes for various Kymco 0-Rings.
I say again - the parts in my scooter are new.

I have ridden it 3 times for 30 -45 mins and it is running fine.
Commuted to work at 35 Degrees Fahrenheit today - no issues. Glad to have that large lighted top case (Bestem 929) and Kymco's largish tail light behind me on these dark and cold mornings. Always thought the headlight was quite adequate for my night commute to work - but the twin headlights of the Forza are obviously much better for seeing the road. Some bikes have a pair of headlights - with one being the driving light and the other can be added for "brights". This Forza runs with 2 driving lights - both of which can be "brighted".

Plan to keep the LIKE until deciding something in the spring of 2015.
Thanks for the patience of all who have followed this Italian Soap Opera.
Ride safe out there.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

vespbretta

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 13, 2014, 10:27:58 AM »
Stig, B&L - thanks for clarification.  :)
Have fun and ride safe!
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

souzamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 14, 2014, 05:00:11 AM »
One of the cool things Kymco USA does is they provide the customer the ability to look up parts on the same parts order program as a dealer does.
Go to Kymcousa.com, lower left you will see a parts Icon. Click that and it will take you to Kymco Eparts. look up your year and model by clicking on  search by step, use the drop down boxes to select scooter, cc and model. If your 2014 model is not listed, click on the newest year your model is listed. fill in the 3 drop downs and it will take you to the microfiche. Simple

vespbretta

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 14, 2014, 11:33:30 AM »
Thanks souzamoto.
So, if I want to order the ECU separately (3920A-LGS6-E10) and the ECU/Throttlebody seal separately (91302-LEB2-900) according to that Kymco microfiche parts number list,
will I or a dealer get it?
If not, why not?

Let´s see how simple it really gets.  :)
Cheers,
Robo

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 15, 2014, 06:14:44 AM »
I couldn't locate the parts icon....
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

vespbretta

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 15, 2014, 09:25:41 AM »
Obove the Owner´s Manual Section there is a tiny tiny little Icon.... Wonder why they didn´t program it even more smaller...

Cheers,
Robo

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #174 on: November 15, 2014, 04:52:58 PM »
They do list the parts, but it still is NOT AVAILABLE SEPARATELY!!!!!!! look over where you can enter qty, it's blanked out, that means its not an orderable part. Trust me on this one i have ordered parts from Kymco for 6 years.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 16, 2014, 01:53:32 AM »
Obove the Owner´s Manual Section there is a tiny tiny little Icon.... Wonder why they didn´t program it even more smaller...

Got it! Thank you
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 18, 2014, 09:00:58 PM »
They do list the parts, but it still is NOT AVAILABLE SEPARATELY!!!!!!! look over where you can enter qty, it's blanked out, that means its not an orderable part. Trust me on this one i have ordered parts from Kymco for 6 years.

Are you really/ really sure? What if you asked them Pretty Please? I bet they would sell it to us then. If not... Why???????????????? :o

Good Days for you Stig! I'm happy to hear your happy.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()