Author Topic: Mods in.... going slower >:(  (Read 12441 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Mods in.... going slower >:(
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2012, 02:56:44 AM »
Yes. The sleeve will bottom out if it is installed with the torsion controller, blocking the td from opening all the way. Marker will tell you.

..i cut one down by 1/4"...fixin to try it...maybe...i dont really wanna mess with my setup right now...

..but i could tell difference when i first tried the ball bearing spring thingy...except for the fact that it wnted to turn 11,000 at 40 mph...lol...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2012, 04:01:29 AM »
I'm going to reverse my Malossi and run it on the TD side. I should have a new sleeve by the end of the week. I ran it this way on the Ruima, and liked it better. I never felt the cvt work that way. With the controller under the clutch I can feel the cvt hit. No idea why...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Rage

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2012, 02:19:30 PM »
Ok guys, heres the latest. So, rode the scoot 26 miles each way to work last night. Still a slight bog off takeoff, no biggie, but now she will go back to 47 mph, 51 ducking down. Same speeds as before, but @ 200 less rpm. When shes cold, she goes to 7,000 rpm until 40mph, then goes up from there. When fully warmed up, she will jump to 7400ish rpm and hold till 40mph as well. I did mark the pulleys last night, so i will take her apart later and see what shes doing.

Rage

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2012, 09:08:35 PM »
Checked the marks. Of course the lines on the new pulleys werent wiped off.... waited too long. The line on the variator was erased to withinn 3/16" of the top. So do we feel that is normal? Thanks again.

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2012, 09:26:14 PM »
Of course the lines on the new pulleys werent wiped off.... waited too long.
 ???
Explain

Pretty sure 3/16" is too much on the variator. Don't think it's fully opening closing. Lets see what word or zombie say

So is the new belt the same manufacturer and model # as the old. Not sure? Did you compare the two yet?
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

Rage

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2012, 09:45:25 PM »
They have identical #'s..... but have not taken it off to compare side by side. I put a line on the new pulleys, but it seemed to absorb into the pulley and not show me how far it went down. It must go most of the way, cuz I did hit 51mph. So you think 3/16" is to much? When I have a few minutes I will remove the end cap and see if that helps. That wont be for a day or two tho.

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2012, 10:07:24 PM »
Yeah, I think it's too much. I'm not positive.

The belts may have the same # but are different brands. I bought a Gates Kevlar belt to replace my OEM. Even though it said it said it was the same size, it wasn't. It was supposed to be 748x18x28. First off, it was only 17mm wide  :o. According to the service manual 17mm is the service limit. I was wondering "why would I put a new belt in that was already at the service limit?"

I posted a new topic and zombie informed me that this is common and to just try it anyway. Manufacturers apparently use what they think is best  :D. Making it difficult to find the size you really want.

So, then when I went to put it on I compared it to the OEM. It was longer too. To wrap up my story here  ;) it ended up working great for me. I think extra length is ok but too short is no good.

You'll probably have to spread the two halves apart with your hands to see all the way down inside the rear pulley
*2001 ZX-50 beater

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2012, 11:55:54 PM »
Just did the magic marker test on my people. Pretty sure this is what it should look like

A 1/16" at the most
*2001 ZX-50 beater

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2012, 12:58:41 AM »
..you're right on pete!!

..that is desirable!!

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2012, 01:06:32 AM »
Cool  ;D

I put some 7g rollers in today. They're perfect! I had bought 6g rollers but they were too light. Rpms were a little too high. 7s get that nice torque back. Topped out at about 52 flat ground and about 56+ downhill. Just gotta get that restriction in the rear pulley taken care of and I'll have my speedo pegged  ;D

Hey word, you fixed one of yours that had that restriction right? Zombie was tellin me I could order one for a ZX and it would fit. Do I need both halves of the pulley or just the torque driver?
*2001 ZX-50 beater

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2012, 01:15:07 AM »
..pete, yeah, i ordered the complete a50 clutch and pulley, but yeah you do need both halves...

..it's all according to how far you want to tear into you oem, in order to replace the pulleys...

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2012, 01:17:15 AM »
Gotcha

Did you get OEM or aftermarket?
*2001 ZX-50 beater

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2012, 01:20:51 AM »
..i've tried several aftermarket, that for one reason or another, i wasnt really satisfied with..

..i bought oem from stadium..

..hard to go wrong with those oem bits onna basically oem scoot..

..only thing is, when buying the complete a50 bits, you get the a50 springs, which are lighter that 2t...

Rage

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2012, 01:06:22 AM »
Little help guys. On the unrestricted pulleys, is the belt supposed to go all the way down to the shaft? Even after I removed the yellow cap, with the pulleys out, the belt goes 3/4 of the way down. I am going to run her in the morning with the 1500 spring and no cap. Hoping for the best.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2012, 01:14:41 AM »
..yup..belt should go pretty much all the way...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()