Author Topic: How to remove oil injection??  (Read 9858 times)

TheAmishSasquatch

• View Profile
Re: How to remove oil injection??
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2016, 01:06:21 AM »
Yes and yes.  I have added a vacuum port to the new carb.

paceneedsstides

• Cuz I can't drive...55!!...No I mean that I try...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2016, 01:31:58 AM »
nice job I'll send mine out to you next week to mod lol
2013 Kymco/Malossi Like 70 2T
Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust
Malossi Dellorto 19mm Carb
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Malossi Blue Rear Pulley Spring
Malossi Torsion controller
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit
Malossi PHBG Open Racing Filter Chrome Covered

TheAmishSasquatch

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2016, 12:54:36 PM »
I woder if the port I added can be used as the oil injection port, since it's nearly mid stream in the system? I could alway add another port further down stream for vacuum or vise versa. I find it difficult to believe that I'm the only one who's run into this issue; I also find it difficult in that Malossi would not have everything ready to go for a carb kit designed for a particular bike??

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2016, 02:45:02 PM »
I'm still not sure where you had an issue. My bike never had oil lines to the carb. Only to the intake near the reed block. But I'm sure that as long as it doesn't mess with the venturi, then you should be okay. Too many holes could mess stuff up.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

TheAmishSasquatch

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2016, 03:08:19 PM »
The side port on the black carb I posted is the oil injection port. The rear port near the intake manifold  (or on the manifold in your case) is the vacuum port. Without the provisions for an oil injection port on the Malossi carb; there is no way to hook oil injection up so that the oil is sprayed in the venturi.

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2016, 03:26:04 PM »
Oil sprayed into the venturi?, I don't think that is necessary or desirable.  I bet your intake manifold has a fitting for the oil line.

Did you buy your scooter used?  I bought mine used and I don't recall all the screw-ups, but several had vacuum, fuel, and oil lines routed wrong.  As I recall, on your AC the vacuum line goes to the carb body on the engine side, and the oil line goes to the manifold closer to the engine than the vacuum line.

I have both Super 9 LC and People 50 2T AC and both handle the oil injection exactly the same way, oil line goes to the intake manifold.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

TheAmishSasquatch

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2016, 03:51:11 PM »
I misspoke earlier by saying venturi. My setup was ak-baswards from how you describe yours, and is how Zombie and I think Wordslinger told me to hook it up in my old PHBG trouble thread. The vacuum was mounted to the intake port and oil to the carb. How it's dispersed or mixed in the intake/fuel charge I am unsure and don't really care at this juncture. Regardless of which line goes to which port is irrelevant as well as the Malossi carb doesn't have provisions for either one :\    A bit disappointed with the kit atm. .... I haven't even gotten to start  the tuning SNAFU s yet, geez lol.

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2016, 06:10:04 PM »
Yeah, mine is still stock setup routing, oil line from pump to the intake by the reed block, vacuum line to the top of the intake by the carb mounting. Then I capped off the oil place on the arreche carb.
Pardon the mess, she's my daily, and it's been raining, snowing, and icing every few days. this one's the oil line

this one shows the carb, where I have the oil port capped, and the vacuum line to the top of the intake. Can even see the oil line to the base of the intake.
I know you're not setup this way anymore. Just thought I'd share.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

TheAmishSasquatch

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2016, 06:22:21 PM »
Thanks. I'll try and mess with it when I get back in town.

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2016, 02:51:20 AM »
The Malossi kit is not Bike specific it gives pieces to make installing carb easier and provides chock and cables and mounting hardware and such but it is not specifically designed for each and every bike so you modification is usually required. Until my throttle cable broke and I replaced it with a 4T cable I had no issues running with the carb not hooked up to pump I'm not entirely sure why you're so concerned about doing so? My pump and engine ran rin with oil pump just going to intake manifold and nothing going to carb but air and gas. Pum worked fine and never had to add oil to gas hence kept carb cleaner longer.
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

TheAmishSasquatch

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2016, 01:19:47 PM »
I'm concerned with the hook up ports because running the pump, is something I would prefer to do. Yes I could hack away, or remove parts and block others and have a perfectly running bike. But that kind of defeat the pupose of having the convenience and ease of a self mixing 2 stroke. More so then that and despite your claiming that the kit is not  bike specific; the kit was labeled as such, the info pack in the kit says that it's specifically tuned for that particular bikes engine and  requirements. This is why each version has a different part number.  Now I imagine the carb is set to cover a couple similar bikes like the super 8, cobra, and top boy but set for those bikes (ball park). It's that specificity and R&D that Malossi use to develop parts for paricular scooters. This is why I pay large amounts of cash to Malossi, for my hobby and it's that brand reputation that I'm trusting and buy into. This kit while labeled specifically for the super 9 but, is fundementally not close, yet a cheap-ass $29 (shipped) knock off, had absolutely everything need to plug and play out of the box. It was ONLY the fact the I want all of my tuning parts to be malossi that I removed it and sold it. The point is it just bothers me is all. I will most likely do as you recommend and run pre mix and remove/block the pump. Thanks for your help and input and helping me to get my bike rinning.

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2016, 04:27:16 PM »
Amish, I have been disappointed by Malossi a few times too and know your pain.  I think they sometimes over promise and and under deliver.  The dealers know this, and generally refuse to take returns of anything with a Malossi label.  Also, support is minimal if at all.  If we didn't have this forum and others like it for info, I don't know what we would do.

With all that being said, I genuinely like Malossi and use many of there products with success.  Malossi variator is great IMO, BBK is amazing...  However, they are not perfect, I say "caveat emptor", let the buyer beware.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2016, 01:41:39 AM »
Amish I don't think you're understanding me I ran pump without it going to carb and it worked just fine didn't need to premix and engine got plenty of oil.
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2016, 01:42:42 AM »
And Chaz hates is a Malossi hater........but I'm working on him.......
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2016, 05:33:49 AM »
I knew would be trouble lol's...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()