Author Topic: How to remove oil injection??  (Read 9857 times)

TheAmishSasquatch

• View Profile
How to remove oil injection??
« on: February 21, 2016, 06:48:13 PM »
Ok scooter fans, Yeti needs your help. I just installed the Malossi version PHBG carburetor and unlike the previous Dellorto PHBG replica; The Malossi doesn't come with the port for oil injection. I'm not sure if the Malossi PHBG has the internal oil passages cast in the carb body or not. If it does, then this thread is a moot topic and I'll drill the port. If there is no internal oil passages I need your help in how do I remove or stop the oil injection pump? Also how do I properly pre mix gas should I not be able to use injector?

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
Re: How to remove oil injection??
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 12:17:01 AM »
Oil line from the oil pump goes into the intake manifold, not carb.  Oil mixes with fuel downstream from carb.

With Malossi kit, I think still works the same way.  If you want to disable oil pump, I think all you have to do is remove the shaft that engages with the crankshaft, it just slips off, then drain your oil tank, and reinstall the oil pump without the shaft.

You can premix gas by adding the appropriate quantity of oil to gas tank when you buy gas at the station.  Or, premix it at home in gas can.

Decide how much oil to run?  Oil pump is delivers approx 2.5oz per gallon, I run 3.5oz because I don't know any better.  Seems like BBK needs more oil than 49cc OEM engine.  I don't have the Malossi PHBG carb (still running the OEM Keihin carb) but I add 1oz premix oil when I add 1 gallon of gas at the gas pump.  My oil pump is still connected, so with another 1oz of oil added to the fuel tank, I am running approx 3.5oz oil per gallon of gas.
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

paceneedsstides

• Cuz I can't drive...55!!...No I mean that I try...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 05:46:13 AM »
yeah I have the Malossi 19mm Dellorto PHBG Carb and the way it works is stock put oil in carb and and cylinder but Dellorto is not set up like that originally.....though you can do it there are ports in carb and parts to order to do so........
 What you want to do is delete the Y connection going from oil pump intake and carb to just a straight connection from pump to intake. The way I did this way I just took off hose from connector going to carb and slipped a vacuum hose plug of correct size over open part of connector VOILA no issues in over 2K miles of carb being on.
2013 Kymco/Malossi Like 70 2T
Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust
Malossi Dellorto 19mm Carb
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Malossi Blue Rear Pulley Spring
Malossi Torsion controller
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit
Malossi PHBG Open Racing Filter Chrome Covered

TheAmishSasquatch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 10:07:40 PM »
^^ sounds legit. Could you provide any pics? It's weird how a random PHBG black racing replica has the correct ports and hook ups for the Super 9, but the Super 9 specific kit from Malossi does not. :o

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 05:15:38 AM »
Hope this helps since it works on vacuum I didn't even zip tie it and I got a cap assortment at Autozone
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 05:17:02 AM »
Also because of an throttle cable issue on Sat and a BBK installed tonight I'm premixing so oil pump is still running but only doing 100/1 but like I said I've been running the carb for last 2K miles and no issues
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

TheAmishSasquatch

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 06:25:23 PM »
Thanks, I'll try that tonight. Not sure what I should mix too.

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 04:29:46 AM »
if you still have cable connecting to pump no mixing required I had cable break so I am running single cable to carb now nothing to pump but left it filled and hooked up so its giving idle speed oil to engine plus I'm premixing 40/1
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2016, 05:11:40 PM »
Why would anyone want to remove an oil injection system? Maybe for "RACING" but not for touring or commuting. One of the the bikes I had in pre-historic times was a '66 Yamaha YM-1 (YDS-3 similar) 305 with oil injection. Had it for about 20000 miles for touring and commuting and nary a problem with the injection system. After a SAAB GT-750 sedan with 10 gallon tank and NO injection! What a PITA! Touring and commuting was a nightmare having to pre-mix partial tanks and risking flame-out on a trip. As usual, your choice......

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

TheAmishSasquatch

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2016, 09:48:56 PM »
Why would anyone want to remove an oil injection system? Maybe for "RACING" but not for touring or commuting. One of the the bikes I had in pre-historic times was a '66 Yamaha YM-1 (YDS-3 similar) 305 with oil injection. Had it for about 20000 miles for touring and commuting and nary a problem with the injection system. After a SAAB GT-750 sedan with 10 gallon tank and NO injection! What a PITA! Touring and commuting was a nightmare having to pre-mix partial tanks and risking flame-out on a trip. As usual, your choice......

Karl
The Malossi carb I'm going to run is void of the oil injection bung, so no place to attach it. As stated; I'm not sure if the carburetor body has the oil passages cast and simply left un tapped or if the carb is void of those as well. I suppose I could alway drill and see, but I'd rather not unless others have blazed that trail before me. So I'm looking at other options and injection removal is about the only one.

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2016, 11:47:38 PM »
you're not removing the oil just removing the line to carb is a Vacumn tube it goes from carb and intake manifold to oil pump the oil line from pump goes into intake right before the reed block you don't have to delete oil pump I didn't and only reason I am premixing now is because I'm running single cable to just carb and have put on a BBK just do what I did in that pic you'll be fine with oil pump.
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2016, 10:23:49 PM »
My stock carb never had a place to run oil lines, so going to the arreche didn't make any difference. Just lines to the intake.
Removing the pump, in my opinion, is best for reducing the risk of burning up your top End due to mechanical failures. Even though I Still run the pump, I fear the day that it gives up. Only a little though. I want a New crank and Still have an extra malossi kit on my counter :)
Edit, my arreche has the oil line spot, I just capped it off.
Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 10:52:32 PM by Triesandluth »
Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

TheAmishSasquatch

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2016, 08:11:23 PM »
The Black PHBG is the carburetor I was previously running. As you can see there are provisions for vacuum and oil injection

TheAmishSasquatch

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2016, 08:17:39 PM »
This is the Malossi I currently have installed. As you see it is suspiciously devoid of vacuum or oil injection.  I have drilled and installed a vacuum port.

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2016, 12:49:13 AM »
I thought our intakes had a vacuum port on them? Or did yours get hacked in the modifying process?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()