Author Topic: Looking for hard top for 450i  (Read 5725 times)

Brandon_rss18

• View Profile
Looking for hard top for 450i
« on: July 29, 2015, 01:43:04 AM »
Hello everyone, new to the forum and Kymco.  The wife and I just bought a UXV 450i.  We love it!  However, we want the hard top roof for it.  I cannot for the life of me find out where or how to order one.  On Kymco's site, it lets me put it on a wish list, but there is no cart to check out. Anyone have a lead on one?  Thanks so much.

Wilbur

• View Profile
Re: Looking for hard top for 450i
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 02:52:28 AM »
We went through our dealer. They were able to get us one pretty quick. Hope this helps.

Coach

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 01:57:22 AM »
My dealer ordered one for my new 450i yesterday. There were none in stock but company said some were already on the water and headed to the U.S. contact your dealer now and get one of those headed here dedicated to you. My dealer said I'd have it sometime in December.
Retired outdoor bum!
I like it too!

Coach

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 04:03:06 AM »
Well it must be a pretty slow ship! It's still not here after almost two months. It's getting aggravating, as I've already had to pay a fabricator to make a good bumper for the thing. Might as well go ahead and make a top too. Bad thing is I paid for the top and installation when I bought the S&S. I like the machine but looks like getting any accessories for it will be tough.will dealer refund money for top and installation? I'm about to find out. I think they pulled my leg when they said the ship was already headed to US with the top on it. Oh well, not the end of the world.i do like the 450i a lot!
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL !
Retired outdoor bum!
I like it too!

aaron8

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 01:26:43 AM »
Hard tops have been difficult to keep in stock for the 450i. Not sure on the source of the problem but KYMCO is aware.

ppd153

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 02:59:17 AM »
If there is one thing holding Kymco back it is the lack of accessories or upgrades. I love my Kymco 700sp but I've been contemplating moving on to a different brand/model just for this reason.

JoeMarshall

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 03:04:20 AM »
Yes that is correct. That's why my kymco is gone, traded mine for a Teryx. Pleny of aftermarket parts for Kawasaki. So glad I didn't go with Polaris rzr, those things are infesting the trails, I'm so bored of seeing them, it's cool to come across a kymco, artic cat, yamaha, anything different. Kymco should make a pure sport sxs. Then maybe company's would start making some aftermarket goodies for them.

Coach

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 10:55:16 PM »
Finally got my top in and dealer installed it. I'm a happy camper now!
Retired outdoor bum!
I like it too!

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2016, 01:55:57 AM »
Finally got my top in and dealer installed it. I'm a happy camper now!

My dealer already had one installed on my UTV and it looked good so I told them to leave it on. A bit pricey yes....but does make the machine look good. I do find the mesh sides to be a pain in the a$$, with seat belts and a shoulder harness what good does the mesh do other than make it a pain to get in and out? That seat can be a little slippery if your zipping around the trails so yes we do wear the belts and shoulder harness.

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2016, 02:13:59 PM »
Yes that is correct. That's why my kymco is gone, traded mine for a Teryx  . Pleny of aftermarket parts for Kawasaki. So glad I didn't go with Polaris rzr, those things are infesting the trails, I'm so bored of seeing them, it's cool to come across a kymco, artic cat, yamaha, anything different. Kymco should make a pure sport sxs. Then maybe company's would start making some aftermarket goodies for them.

Kymco is likely keeping their supply contracts satisfied first, after all, Kymco is the largest powersports manufacturer in the world making parts and accessories for other companies
RandyO
IBA#9560

Coach

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 07:07:28 PM »
My dealer already had one installed on my UTV and it looked good so I told them to leave it on. A bit pricey yes....but does make the machine look good. I do find the mesh sides to be a pain in the a$$, with seat belts and a shoulder harness what good does the mesh do other than make it a pain to get in and out? That seat can be a little slippery if your zipping around the trails so yes we do wear the belts and shoulder harness.

I had my netting removed before I ever left the dealer with it. The seat belt is good but when trailering at 70 mph with all that netting flopping around, I doubt it would have lasted many trips.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 07:12:19 PM by Coach »
Retired outdoor bum!
I like it too!

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2016, 01:41:05 AM »
You got that right, I will remove the side nets before trailering and probably just leave them in the storage compartment. Just might need them one day if I get into some nasty tall weeds. Mine just clip into place and can be removed in about two minutes or reinstalled in about the same time.  I can only assume they were created as a liability issue for Kymco.  I did get her out for a little run this evening, cruised around the small weed field in my northern 3 acres then a quick run down a country road. Was quite impressed at just how quickly it ran up to 45 before I backed off, I mean really quickly! Don't want to tax that new engine to hard so just a brief run at speed. With the large bore and short stroke it makes RPM rather quickly. Did add a rear view mirror, a fancy job that is fully adjustable and clamps to the front top bar so I can see if anyone is coming up behind me...works well...still playing with the perfect adjustment though.

Coach

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2016, 02:50:39 AM »
Where did you get your adjustable mirror. I'm thinking I need one too.
Retired outdoor bum!
I like it too!

aaron8

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2016, 10:15:01 PM »
Kymco sells them, your dealer will be able to get you one.

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2016, 12:44:53 AM »
Where did you get your adjustable mirror. I'm thinking I need one too.

Got mine from Bass Pro shops in the ATV section. Always in there anyway looking at fishing and boating stuff. Nice mirror, bit pricey at 48 bucks but it does work well. In my area we can ride on the side of the road so I needed to watch out for anyone coming up behind me.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()