Author Topic: carburetor question  (Read 10107 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: carburetor question
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2014, 03:09:11 AM »
4.4 - 4.0 sounds odd. In the middle sounds like a good choice given the odds.
Perhaps its a resistance reading that is needed because that would be much more accurate.

My bets on the valves.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

csor.zola

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2014, 06:31:58 AM »
I have done the valve clearence. It was a bit extended. One was 0.20 mm the other 0.23 mm. I set it up 0.12 after that I gave a try. First attempt...started..try again...started. I was quite happy with lots of hope. Went down later to try again....I was nearly crying. Nothing!!!!! Does not even fired up. Bloody hell. What is wrong this scooter? Why does not want to start constantly?? I noticed it starts in the morning until 12. After maybe too tired or too busy to start. Any idea???
I will check the tps resistance but I am pretty sure that is not the source of my problem.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 06:39:11 AM by csor.zola »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2014, 06:21:31 PM »
When it doesn't start check it for spark. The electrical systems on these bikes are marginal at best, and intermittent firing issues are very common.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

csor.zola

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2014, 06:33:12 PM »
Zombie you were right. I should've found it eralier. I am too embarrassed to tell you what was the problem......the spark plug. But this was the second one. I got it from my friend and when I tried with that was good. And when I was checking the spark plug I did not check it close enough. The spark was strong, blue and making a clicking noise but....not exactly between that two "thing". And yeah....sorted. One week headache has gone. Thank you guys
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 07:17:56 PM by csor.zola »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2014, 10:18:19 PM »
Hopefully that got it. If you have further issues w/ spark post up. CDI's, and Stators go bad fairly often.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()