Author Topic: More signs of ⤵riders?  (Read 732 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
More signs of ⤵riders?
« on: March 03, 2018, 03:38:10 PM »
Son received a post card informing him that Sport Rider Magazine ceased publication - and that his subscription will be fulfilled with copies of Motorcyclist.

Also, I think I'm seeing more interest in motorcycles with smaller engines. Or is it, just less interest in big engined motorcycles.

Stig
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 03:40:26 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

LoupGarou

• View Profile
Re: More signs of ⤵riders?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 03:56:04 PM »
Things are changing, as they always do... I don't think younger riders are interested in very expensive bikes.
Since I got my Spade, several of my Harley riding friends have expressed a real interest in getting something smaller. I think the trend toward smaller displacement bikes is real.

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 04:49:55 AM »
Prices on some bikes are very high.

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 07:36:42 AM »
Prices on some bikes are very high.

This is true. I recently checked out the local Vegas Vespa website. Even their used scooters cost an arm
and a leg. I know Vespa is the Rolls Royce of Scooters. I get it, but even so. I think the customer is paying
more for the brand name than just the model bike. This is my opinion.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 12:16:03 PM »
This is true. I recently checked out the local Vegas Vespa website. Even their used scooters cost an arm
and a leg. I know Vespa is the Rolls Royce of Scooters. I get it, but even so. I think the customer is paying
Yeah,
Vespas are rolling Art, to some.
Lightly used upright adventure bikes, or naked bikes, are less than scooters of same engine size....and one rides in the same posture as if on a scooter.
Most previous owners used them as little as many people use their scooters.
Motorcycle dealers have better survival rate, as well.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

forkintheroad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 04:47:23 PM »

Even a bike that could be a good starter bike for a new generationthat would appeal to them like the Van Van 200 has an msrp in the low 4000's, easily 5000 otd.
I honestly think Kymco could sell a lot more Kpipes and Spades in the US, if they just had some advertising and a decent dealer network. Looking at their website lately its clear they are trying to push the inexpensibe motorcycle angle more as well. Maybe the time is right to retry selling the Venox once more, too.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()