Author Topic: Kymco Venox help needed  (Read 1956 times)

Ajvan

• View Profile
Kymco Venox help needed
« on: August 04, 2012, 09:04:22 PM »
Hello

I've bought a new Kymco Venox a year ago - it has 4000 km. After a longer ride, while standing in place, for example on a traffic light, my overheat light turns on, about at the same time the fan turns on. It turns off after a few seconds. Sometimes after a long ride it keeps turning on on every traffic light - sometimes even many seconds before the fan. The thermostat has been changed and tested, it works well, the thermo switch and the thermo indicator have also been changed; the engine appears to work just fine, there is enough cooling liquid - nobody knows what to do anymore. Any ideas?  ??? Thanks  ;D

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Kymco Venox help needed
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 03:05:53 AM »
You may have a restricted cooling system. Flush your radiator using radiator flushing fluid.  Also check your radiator fins for bents, debris, bugs, etc. Check your water pump also.

Ajvan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 06:06:58 AM »
Ok, thank you!

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 06:38:29 AM »

adri

• View Profile
    • Motorcycle News, Reviews, Events, Roads, and Rides
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 03:49:12 PM »
It sounds like it's doing exactly what it needs to do... Comes on when it gets hot, blow some air, turns off when not needed. What's the problem?

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 02:43:31 AM »
It sounds like it's doing exactly what it needs to do... Comes on when it gets hot, blow some air, turns off when not needed. What's the problem?

Maybe he's concerned about his overheat light turning on....

Ajvan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 11:10:59 AM »
Exactly - the fan NEVER turns on without the overheat signal - it just doesn't seem right. I think that the fan should turn on and cool the engine BEFORE the engine heats up so much that the overheat lamp must turn on.

The radiator was checked, the water pump also - everything is ok. In a few days they will trie to replace the reley that controls the cooling system - we shall see...

adri

• View Profile
    • Motorcycle News, Reviews, Events, Roads, and Rides
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 06:27:57 AM »
I haven't heard my fan on without my overheat light on either. 32,000 km on my Venox...
If you make a problem, you'll have a problem. If you don't want a problem, no problem.

Ajvan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 09:56:10 AM »
In the meantime i've discovered that the overheat control light turns off when I tur off the head light (while the engine is running and the fan is on). And it turns back on when I turn on the head light  ??? I'ts getting quite amusing! XD

The only reason I'm interested so much in this problem is because the motorcycle is still under a guarantee so I'd like to get it fixed for free while i can, but nobody seems to know what's wrong with it or how to fix it, not even the kymco dealer in my country.

Thank you for your answers, they've been very useful - atleast i could give some suggestions to my mechanic.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()