Author Topic: Shopping for new helmet  (Read 5481 times)

MassScoot

• View Profile
Re: Shopping for new helmet
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2012, 09:33:37 PM »
OG: I LOVE my 2 cats! I speak with them through-out the day (I work a lot out of the home office) That's a fine looking tabby!

Streido: One thing I like about Scorpion helmets is they have an anti-fog windshields (proprietary) built-in (it works) Also.....You can pull-out the liners to clean. My local dealer sold me on Scorpion about 6+ years ago & I have never looked back.
Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2012, 11:07:49 PM »
Mine came with an insert for the inside of the shield that is anti-fog. It locks onto pins. Man, does it work too. Also has a washable liner.
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2012, 12:21:18 AM »
I have a Hawk full face modular.  For about $125.  I have it about a year now.  It has the drop down sun shield which I use all the time.  I can raise the front  half and I can wear glasses under it. It does let in some air around the neck and if I look down it whistles, it took me a while to figure that out.  I did get it on the internet, the first one was to small so I had to return it that's a PIA.  I still had to trim some of the padding on the larger one.  I use a balaclava for cold weather so the air getting in doesn't bother me.  I like it.

Richard L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2012, 01:43:15 AM »
Spyder Sierra Modular Double Visor (Mde in Taiwan).... $70.00! ;D

I love my country! ;D ;D ;D

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2012, 01:47:48 AM »
bdrannik,
couldn't agree more about the GMAX 68S. I took full facial/head impact crash on the asphalt with mine and only the faceshield was crushed. No head or facial injuries. I could have saved some money and just replaced the shields but for the cost of this helmet why gamble. Have read several articles that say always replace a helmet that was worn in a crash. So this make and model have been crashed tested and i would say, without being overly dramatic that it saved my life. So I have a new one. Just waiting to get my XC500 back from repairs.
Mike

gn2

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2012, 10:52:39 AM »
The best helmet is the one that fits your head the best.
You need to try them on for size before buying.
It makes no difference how well a helmet does in reviews or tests, if it doesn't fit your head properly it can't do its job properly.
As for which type, trust me, you just don't ever want to see what happens when someone's face gets ground off on the road.
My recommendation: very definitely a full face.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()