Author Topic: "Stig's KYMCO Parts & Serv."  (Read 3381 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
"Stig's KYMCO Parts & Serv."
« on: March 13, 2016, 02:48:38 AM »
 Maybe a little shop. Or mobile scooter servicing in a truck!

March 23, 2016 will be my last day with the State.
Weds. morning I told my boss that I needed another 5 gal. of paint, and that I had submitted my 2 week notice to personnel.
 :)
8 (working) days and a wake up!

I sent my wife this phone message yesterday," Every day I am more convinced that I made the right decision - in marrying you, and getting out of this da_n place!" My teenager got a kick out of listening to  that - her Dad doesn't cuss very often.

Since marrying at 18 in Los Angeles 50 yrs ago I've climbed out of bed, or a hole in the ground, and gone to work every day.....so this will be a little different.

15 years of work-place bullying and 2 miserable back-stabbing co-workers .... and a new soup-Nazi boss made this decision easier than I expected. 

I'd love to go out like a rocket...However, my daughter cautioned me, again, of Romans 12:19, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

Many people put up with lousy coworkers and bosses.

I'll try to remain mindful of my many, many blessings - and go gracefully out the door on March 23...
...and climb on my LIKE200i. I don't care if it is snowing. I'm bringing it back after lunch for the ride home. 
Again, thanks for the support found here. Truly.
Stig

PS: Yesterday another member of our 6 man team gave his notice ---- unmarried, he lasted only a year here with those 2 guys, and this new boss.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 02:54:12 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

GLV55

• View Profile
Re: "Stig's KYMCO Parts & Serv."
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 03:10:40 AM »
Congratulations on your decision to retire, Stig! I'm going to mark that day on my calendar and celebrate with you in spirit here in Idaho. (I see from the calendar that night is a full moon, so maybe I'll just go howl at the moon for you.) I will be joining you in the world of retirement in June after 32 years of teaching. After that March 23 dare, your scooter mileage ought to take a drastic upswing, and I'll bet you will have a great big grin on your face! Enjoy your well-deserved retirement! Maybe you can even enjoy a cup of Tim's in the daylight, too.  :D
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 03:11:24 AM »
Congratulations on your decision. As I stated on your other post, my brother was in a similar position. He retired and has not looked back at all. After he left, several former co workers contacted him and asked him how did he know when it was time to go. Well, his leaving gave them the courage to do the same thing. Stig, I don't know you personally, but I'm certain that you will thoroughly enjoy this new chapter in your life. You seem to have several hobbies as well as a good wife that you can enjoy more quality time with. At times, I wish that I was able to do the same thing. But alas, I'm only 51.

Be blessed my friend
2009 Xciting 250

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 03:12:17 AM »
  ya when your married with kids , you tend to stick it out longer,. congrats on the future,.  & god bless

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 10:35:58 AM »

ya when your married with kids , you tend to stick it out longer,. congrats on the future,.  & god bless
My dad said that he endured several undesirable jobs and situations for the sake of his family. But when my brother made his decision to retire early, dad fully supported him because my brother's kids were grown , and his house was paid for. Stig looks like one who will find a way to enjoy life AND make a few extra dollars as needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

mclark999

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 01:51:00 PM »
My dad said that he endured several undesirable jobs and situations for the sake of his family. But when my brother made his decision to retire early, dad fully supported him because my brother's kids were grown , and his house was paid for. Stig looks like one who will find a way to enjoy life AND make a few extra dollars as needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Check out Rolling Wrench. I had them come tune my wife's Metropolitan. They are very popular here in Denver. You could do something like this and make a lot of people happy while making decent money. http://www.rollingwrenchdenver.com/

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Denver, Colorado, USA 5,300 Feet Elevation

2007 Kymco People 50 2T
Tecnigas Trek exhaust
OEM variator with 6 gram rollers
OEM 16mm carburetor

slug50

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 01:58:33 PM »
Congratulations, I worked 38 yrs. at a job that I loved, can't imagine not enjoying going to work each day. The mobile repair idea sounds great, here we have trouble finding a reputable mechanic for scooters. In the winter just pray they have a garage to keep you out of the elements. Take care and keep them knees to the breeze.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2016, 06:44:47 PM »
Congratulations, I worked 38 yrs. at a job that I loved, can't imagine not enjoying going to work each day. The mobile repair idea sounds great, here we have trouble finding a reputable mechanic for scooters. In the winter just pray they have a garage to keep you out of the elements. Take care and keep them knees to the breeze.

I got by for decades with lousy coworkers because 85% of my work was by myself. One can invent many ways to get by without another person helping - just as a one-armed person can do pretty much everything I can do with two. I painted 77 offices by myself last year....each full of office furniture.
"It was never the work....but the people." who try to spoil your day.
I have a sign over my desk, "Be happy. It drives people crazy."

My lasting memory of these two guys might just be what I saw last Friday: Itchy and Scratchy both staring down the drain of the drinking fountain, as Scratchy poked it with a coat hanger.

I've had one knee torn up, a crushed foot & a toe , 2 hernias, and a permanently loosened collar bone in working with these two. The sutures of lacerations were my fault each time.
The crushed toe enabled  two full months of extra Burgman riding!
Right now 8 days seems like Everest....but I'm going to get thru it.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2016, 06:47:47 PM »
I restored a 1955 BSA in the early 70's in my garage shop. I had motorcycles, scooters and many Hondas just show up for repairs since the "real shops" did not want to mess with them. It was more Samaritan work than anything. Guess that is why it took four years to restore the Beezer! Shows the possibility of either the shop or the service truck.

Congratulations! Voting with your feet sends a louder message than any pitched battle. They wouldna' listened anyway.

Karl

Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2016, 07:30:07 PM »
Congrats on your decision Stig. In 2012 I retired from 47 years in the printing industry. The last two years were a real trial as the new owner of my shop was clueless and ran a 50 year old company into bankruptcy. The first Monday morning for you will be a revelation. While everyone heads for work you'll have plenty of time for whatever strikes your interest. For me, I've never missed the grind even though I loved my career as a printer. Now  I get to ride my Like whenever the weather lets me. Enjoy my friend!

Len  :D :D :D
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2016, 07:58:27 PM »
I restored a 1955 BSA in the early 70's in my garage shop. I had motorcycles, scooters and many Hondas just show up for repairs since the "real shops" did not want to mess with them. It was more Samaritan work than anything. Guess that is why it took four years to restore the Beezer! Shows the possibility of either the shop or the service truck.

Congratulations! Voting with your feet sends a louder message than any pitched battle. They wouldna' listened anyway.

Karl

Thanks you guys,

Karl, was looking at that mobile scooter business in Denver. They charge $100 an hour.
I'd work all morning for that fee. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when I work - which drives my new boss nuts - but I'd rather get it right than work faster. Frankly, after so many decades of working with care I cannot do it any other way now.
I might just invest in a magnetic sign for my truck.....and a couple manuals. Think I already have most of the scooter/bike tools for simple servicing. Trick would be to actually find another scooter rider in town!

Park my truck at donut shops!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

mcdcfc3

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2016, 10:58:15 PM »
Just to wish you all the very best from here in England. I enjoy yours and many others posts on here very much. My reading time is just before I turn off the lights to go to sleep. Your pictures and posts show a part of the world I am unlikely to ever get to see and for that  I am truly grateful. I have had a blessed life so far both personally and at work (this year is my 40 years service with the firm I joined in 1976). I wish you well my friend and look forward to seeing you thrive in whatever you choose to do

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2016, 11:41:10 PM »
Congrats and all the best.
8 days and a wake up, I know where you've been....

AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2016, 01:25:16 AM »
Congratulations Stig and God Bless you and your family. I have the 23rd set up with an alarm in my phone and will be thinking of you that day. Shake the dust off your feet when you leave.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2016, 03:37:35 AM »
In 2012 I retired from 47 years in the printing industry. Len  :D
Len, I'm in the printing industry also, a prepress guy. 29 yrs so far, 17 to go.

Stig,
Congrats on the decision. Nothing but good tidings to you and your future.
Wayne

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()