Author Topic: Clean engine & Brake check  (Read 688 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Clean engine & Brake check
« on: April 27, 2014, 08:51:20 PM »
A clean LIKE engine is a happy engine....OK, maybe just a cooler engine.
(I had a bottle of orange degreaser left over from when I popped the hood & went looking for my old VW Jetta engine last yr -prior to selling the car to buy this scooter.)
The orange spray-on degreaser was applied to the bottom of a cold LIKE engine today - brushed it around w/a big soft nylon brush- took a donut break for it to work on the gunk which has collected on the bottom of my engine and transmisson over the past 13 mos. Used the green garden sprayer filled with hot tap water and rinsed it off. Took it around the block -ATGATT - to insure I hadn't wetted something important. Keeping things clean might let the engine run a little cooler & is  also a good way to spot oil leaks.

Then got out the camera to check my brakes.
I can't see what's going on with the brake pad thickness - so I have learned to use the camera (& the Dell after downloading the pix) to be my eyes. You can set the shutter timer and stick the  camera into very small places to get a look at what's in there. With the Dell I can edit the photos to see inside my scoot. The brake pad thickness after 5000 miles looks like they will last a lot more miles before needing replacement - unless I take an apartment on the Zugspitze, or Knob Hill.
BACK Brake

FRONT

Yes, I looked at both sides of the disc.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 08:58:37 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()