Author Topic: SOLVED~(maybe) LIKE belt Cover Gasket Adhesive!  (Read 542 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
SOLVED~(maybe) LIKE belt Cover Gasket Adhesive!
« on: April 08, 2014, 09:20:53 PM »
I phoned NAPA and AutoZone today and told them the problem I was having with the belt cover gasket staying in place while fighting the cover back on my scooter. (of course I didn't say 'scooter'...that will get you beat up in these parts. I said "my Hog"...I hope I pronounced that correctly)
They both recommended this stuff.
I'm highlighting what it says in the product description :  It can be used to bond automotive weatherstripping and is a great adhesive for holding paper, cork, or rubber gaskets in place during installation...on your blue and white scooters.

My 14 gram Dr Pulleys arrived yesterday from www.buggypartsnw.com/ (good folks - quick ship, good prices for Dr Pulley stuff) so I will soon replace the 13 gr Dr Pulleys I put in a few 100 miles ago - and try these 14 gr sliders. BTW: these 14.1747616 gm Dr Pulley sliders are the exact same weight as the OEM Kymco rollers that my scoot came from the factory with.(weighed them both at the Post Office this morning)
And I hope to replace the belt cover using my new OEM gasket which drove me nuts  last time.
Stig
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 09:34:05 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
Re: SOLVED~(maybe) LIKE belt Cover Gasket Adhesive!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 09:51:16 PM »
Do let us know if the adhesive works. It would be nice if they had a repository here like a wiki so folks can find tips and tricks for their scooters.

I'm curious to find out how the new sliders perform. It will be interesting to hear your thoughts between the two sets.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()