Author Topic: HELP: Removing front center (Lower) panel...  (Read 682 times)

JuanJax

• View Profile
HELP: Removing front center (Lower) panel...
« on: April 08, 2014, 01:18:10 AM »
Hi,

I need help with info on how to remove the front lower panel on my like (above the front fender).
I ran into a chromed lower panel on eBay and had it delivered. However, I have no clue how to remove and install this one.

Thanks!

Ps: I'm also replacing the grey passenger grips with chromed finished ones... hopefully this will be as easy as removing the three screws I see... :-)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: HELP: Removing front center (Lower) panel...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 01:37:54 AM »
Hi,

I need help with info on how to remove the front lower panel on my like (above the front fender).
I ran into a chromed lower panel on eBay and had it delivered. However, I have no clue how to remove and install this one.

Thanks!

Ps: I'm also replacing the grey passenger grips with chromed finished ones... hopefully this will be as easy as removing the three screws I see... :-)

I think you have to remove the front fender, then look up under to see fasteners for that chrome piece you have in hand.
Search panel removals for the LIKE here--- I'm pretty sure some guys have gone in the front panels for lights, airhorns, all kinds of stuff. Maybe you get to it thru the front panel and not the fender. I also know a fellow replaced the same piece you have (chrome) to jazz his LIKE up.
Fender removal looks fairly straightforward, when you turn the bat left or right - and start from the rear.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

donandrews

• View Profile
Re: HELP: Removing front center (Lower) panel...
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 01:42:40 AM »
Call Russ at Albany Power Sports.  541-926-2131. He's one of the best Kymco wrenches around. Tell him Don of Brownsville told you to call.
Peace and Ride Safe.
2012 Like 200i   
Lusting for People 300GTI, but recently purchased Vespa 250GTSie instead.
Brownsville OR 
Home of Willamette Country Music Festival and
movie "Stand By Me"

Normal is Relative

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()