Author Topic: Insurance settlement help!  (Read 1702 times)

Mscmkr

• View Profile
Insurance settlement help!
« on: June 03, 2015, 01:47:04 AM »
I am about to send over the paperwork and Dr. Notes to the other guys insurance company so I can finally get my settlement and I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this kind of thing? I of course am a working stiff so I can't really afford to go to an attorney and I would love some advice from anyone who has either been through this or may have experience with these kinds of things. Any input would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks everyone and ride safe, mscmkr

Chris0381

• View Profile
Re: Insurance settlement help!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 02:14:53 AM »
You need to get a feel of what your damages are and compensation for pain and suffering then write a demand letter.

The is a law forum somewhere that has a MV accident section.

All attorneys will take a genuine injury case and then some on a contingency basis but they will want you to have more checkups and treatment and tests as the settlement is based on a percentage of the medical bills.

2013 Super 8 50cc 2T Air Cooled Mfg'd 2012
Stock pipe derestriction
Smooth Boss
6.5gm Dr Pulley sliders
Malossi Torsion Controller
Malossi Fly Clutch- yellow springs
Polini Variator
#95 Main Jet
Purple Malossi Contra Spring
42 MPH on the flats with the wind

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 02:21:44 AM »
My insurance agent was a big help to me when I was hit by a drunk driver. He really worked on my behalf and ended up getting me a settlement that was more than my scooter was worth and paid for my doctor visits. Since they ended up totaling the scooter, the settlement actually paid for all but the tax on my new scooter. Talk to your insurance company - they should be working for you, not the other party. If they don't, drop them immediately after this thing is settled. (Geico motorcycle insurance was our company.)
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 02:25:18 AM »
Get a lawyer, his 30% take will increase yours. Your a novice, ins cos will lowball you every time. I know this.

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 02:29:21 AM »
Years ago I was offered all medical bills paid plus 17k on a case where the cager was cited for careless driving. Hired an attorney and got 60k plus and all bills paid but he took a 1/3rd plus expenses. That expenses is negotiable up front to your advantage.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 02:26:49 PM by 2wheelfun »

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 02:34:56 AM »
My point is negotiate.

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 10:49:19 AM »
Get a lawyer, his 30% take will increase yours. Your a novice, ins cos will lowball you every time. I know this.

I agree.
But don't be a pig.

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

blitzjb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 12:04:10 PM »
Insurance carriers pay to indemnify for actual tangible  losses...IE: Scooter, Medical Bills, possibly rental car and lost wages.  They will not pay for "pain & suffering"
2012 Kymco Super 8 150

Chris0381

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 09:22:01 PM »
Insurance carriers pay to indemnify for actual tangible  losses...IE: Scooter, Medical Bills, possibly rental car and lost wages.  They will not pay for "pain & suffering"

This

I was offered all medical bills paid plus 17k on a case where the cager was cited for careless driving. Hired an attorney and got 60k plus and all bills paid but he took a 1/3rd plus expenses. That expenses is negotiable up front to your advantage.
2013 Super 8 50cc 2T Air Cooled Mfg'd 2012
Stock pipe derestriction
Smooth Boss
6.5gm Dr Pulley sliders
Malossi Torsion Controller
Malossi Fly Clutch- yellow springs
Polini Variator
#95 Main Jet
Purple Malossi Contra Spring
42 MPH on the flats with the wind

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 02:22:58 PM »
I would not have done nearly as well ( hit and run incident - I was in small pickup ...NOT ACCIDENT.. with an 18-wheeler ) without an Attorney. Especially since the Trucker ran away to Canada and made the Mounties send him back (out of U.S. Insurance Company ) .
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()