Author Topic: Mongoose 70 Questions - Stuck Throttle - Recall  (Read 4028 times)

triloco

• View Profile
Mongoose 70 Questions - Stuck Throttle - Recall
« on: January 01, 2013, 04:25:51 AM »
Hi. I have what I believe is a low mileage mongoose 70 in which I recently encountered a throttle stuck open situation causing my nephew to go on a scary ride.  I know this was many years ago but and I will still call Kymco But, I was curious as to if anyone happens to know the serial number location and range of those that might be affected? OR participated in the recall as to what part(s) where modified so I can ensure they are updated.  I am just looking for insight or info being this was issued some time back.

http://www.aboutlawsuits.com/youth-atv-recall-expanded-209/

It appears to me the throttle valve assembly is twisting slightly in that it does not fall back in line with the idle screw when the throttle is released which is causing it to stay 'open'.  Anyways it's a nice little quad and prior to this it provided a few hours of fun.  I would like to fix this issue and get it going for the kids to enjoy again.

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
Re: Mongoose 70 Questions - Stuck Throttle - Recall
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 12:24:11 PM »
A recall is a safety issue and never expires. Bring it to a local dealer and they should fix it for free.
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

97ZJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 04:17:11 PM »
I just bought one... S i ASSUME this recall doesnt affect mine, ASSUMING that whatever the "fix" was, has already been accomplished on my unit...??????

triloco

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 06:37:40 PM »
Mine is probably at least a couple of years old as far as I can tell.  it just had no been ridden very much.

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 06:50:22 PM »
Well the recall says models from 2008
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 06:52:50 PM by MotoRandy123 »
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

triloco

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 08:30:40 PM »
Mine could be as old as 2008.  I guess I need to obtain the serial num or look at the title for reference.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()