Author Topic: mongoose 70 cvi green wire?  (Read 3130 times)

KYkymco

• View Profile
mongoose 70 cvi green wire?
« on: June 07, 2012, 02:15:48 AM »
I have read many posts on the net about cutting a green wire on the cvi box for the 50cc and 90cc.  Does this hold true for the 70cc mongoose 07-09?  What other tips are there to deregulate and increase speed for that engine?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: mongoose 70 cvi green wire?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 05:15:14 AM »
Those are real oddballs. They have no restriction on the cdi BUT they do have a collar between the front varistor halves. The air box is also restricted with a square tube that you can pull out. I recently had one that was sitting for 3 years, and got it running (for a friend). It is NOT fast but with those two restrictions removed it will do about 15-18mph tops.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

KYkymco

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 12:36:16 PM »
I am a real novice, do you have any pictures or more description of what to do?  Again thank you for your time and advice.
Monte

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 12:45:15 AM »
    for the washer...
Inside the air box is a square tube with a round hole just in front of the carb. Just pull it out, and you're done
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()