Author Topic: Mongoose 90 big bore kits  (Read 4901 times)

jt512

• View Profile
Mongoose 90 big bore kits
« on: October 18, 2011, 06:29:24 PM »
Hi, I am new to the forum , but not to ATV , dirt bikes , strret bikes etc  ;) 
My son rides an 06 Artic Cat DVX 90 , which is a Kymco mongoose with different stickers. He has really gotten into competing in dirt drags at our local fair grounds and now im looking for some more HP for him  ;D
I have found Powroll offers a 120cc kit, but , after multiple emails and phone calls ( with no respnse)  I have began to wonder if they are still in business or if I even want to do business with them.

So my question is has anyone succesfully used a big bore kit, or even just a cylinder and piston from say a 125 or 150 scooter on a Mongoose 90 ? I have heard of people using the cyl head from the People 150 in conjuction with the Powroll 120 kit as a higher flow option so I have to imagine at least the cylinder stud spacing is the same.

My end goal is to get around 150cc's and hopefully be able to run pump gas as opposed to race fuel. 

Any input is greatly appreciated  :)

quadpoppy7

• View Profile
Re: Mongoose 90 big bore kits
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 12:59:55 PM »
   Hi jt512 We have a Kymco 90 Mongoose done by Bud Fischer and Paul Skvarek. It has the Poweroll cam and cylinder kit. Also has a Penton PVL It also had crank stroked so it is now a 125.  Also has machining done to cvt setup. I believe the Peoples 150 cylinder has same bolt pattern and I do have one. To make cylinder work you would have to machine cases to match transfer ports, so it could possibly be done. You could also put a Fischer dual A-arm kit on for more stability and handling. Forgot to mention High Performance pipe. Can be made to run very strong in 125 form with less extensive engine work.
Hope this helps

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()