Author Topic: ZX50 Super Fever Troubles  (Read 8570 times)

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
Re: ZX50 Super Fever Troubles
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2013, 11:04:48 PM »
Plug for plug they're the same. It may be a stock photo not for an af16
My 82 mph Killer Full MHR zx50 build (now 91 mph gps verified)
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7795.0
My Fabrizi/MHR "can it cost anymore?" build
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=12146.0;topicseen

solumized

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 12:02:27 AM »
Thanks guys! Appreciate you sticking with me.  Before I had this bike I knew nothing of Kymco, 50cc engines, even 2-strokes.  It's a lot of knowledge to get in a short time frame but I enjoy it.  Happy you guys are here to help with little things before I make financial mistakes like order the wrong part.  Once I get it back up and running will post some before and after photos for you all!

solumized

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2013, 11:46:03 PM »
Hey guys.  Me again!

So I got the new stator and coil in and installed them on the fever.  Kick started it right up after a couple of kicks and started running great and was super excited!  I let it run on the jack stand to warm up so I could use the carb tuning information on this forum.  After about 5-10 minutes of running it shut off again.  Took the spark plug to check for spark and noticed it was a little white (so too lean)  but I also wasn't getting any spark.  Still not sure WTF is going on since it was running just fine.  Could a dead battery be the culprit of not having any spark?

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2013, 05:59:03 AM »
No battery wont cause it, could be the coil or cdi heating up possibly. When it shuts off will it start back up right away or it take some time?

solumized

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2013, 06:59:50 AM »
It will start up but will sputter a bit.  A couple times I think I had a blowback or something.  Got a "pffft" from the exhaust when tried to kickstart it.  Then trying to get it started just ends up flooding it I think, and it's no gravy after that.  Letting it sit over night and will try again in the morning.  I just want to get it running because when I had it running it was soo much fun to drive and also summer is already half over.  Makes me kinda sad thinking about that!

solumized

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2013, 04:39:28 PM »
After letting it sit overnight I went to it and the battery is completely dead.  I tried to kick it over anyways and it fired right up.  Didn't have much throttle response though.  Tried to give it a little throttle and sounded like it was getting chocked out and wanting to die.  After a couple of minutes it died again and I'm thinking it's my carb.  It's getting fuel and air, I just think the settings are all FUBAR.

solumized

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2013, 05:21:03 PM »
If I let the machine sit overnight and go to start it up the next morning it will run for a minute or two then shut off again and unable to start again.  If I pull the plug it is all covered with fuel. Question...When I remove my plug it looks to what seems to me to be oil around the threaded part.  Is this normal for a two stroke?  Also, after it dies I can not get it to get spark again.  So I have spark for a bit then lose it.  Could this be a problem with the CDI then I wonder or the new coil I had to get.  Keep in mind it was also doing something similar to this before I had to replace the plug.   

Michaelmcmahon

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2013, 01:31:41 PM »
Can someone help me please I have a super 9 and don't know how to make faster

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2013, 03:52:13 AM »
If youre not getting spark sometimes it can be the coil or cdi, or it could be wiring. Try to shake the bike around and see if you get spark again. Its a stretch but its happened on a tao tao 50 before, junk wiring. The kymcos arent known for bad wiring but its possible with age and people fooling around in it.
You can use most cdis and coils from GY6 scooters to test out if yours is bad. The cdis are usually not as good as the kymcos.
Oil around the plug threads is ok.

solumized

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2013, 04:51:51 PM »
Hey Guys.  Thought I would give y'all an update on the scooter.  So I replaced the CDI and now it works beautifully!  So what I ended up having to replace on it was the stator and the CDI.  Thank you all for all the help as well as this forum for being able to track down the problems! I put 70 miles on it just around Milwaukee yesterday and nothing really seems to be wrong with it.  So much fun to drive!  Now I will start doing plug chops to get the carb settings correct!  Thank you again and I will maybe start thinking about doing some mods on it maybe over the winter or next summer.  I do know that I will definitely do the boss mod as well as look into some different pulleys for the variator.  Out to go ride around some more on this beautiful Wisconsin summer day!

solumized

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2013, 01:49:39 AM »
Man, these little scoots have some power!  I was able to get a GPS of 41 on flats with just a de-restricted CDI.  Now I also weigh 260lbs so I find that a feat to be able to do.  Just went downtown and got dinner with the girlfriend and together we are about 400lbs and was still able to hit 37-38 on the flats.  Can only imagine what this thing will do once starting to get some mods on it! Doing a plug chop tomorrow as I have put on ~100 miles in last two days. 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()