Author Topic: (SPAM) My old ZX50 for sale - $400, needs love, good project.  (Read 1812 times)

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
(SPAM) My old ZX50 for sale - $400, needs love, good project.
« on: January 29, 2012, 04:29:59 AM »
I just picked up a new to me Super 9, so I've got to get rid of one of my other projects.

I've got a Kymco ZX50 with a dead engine.  It will need new crank bearings and a top end.  I have an old 50cc top end that will work, but I was going to put a Naraku 75cc one on it later this year.

The body is a bit rough, but servicable.

I can include a brand new, never used Leo Vince ZX exhaust, and Stage 6 inlet manifold with reeds. 

It has a Leo Vince Touring ehxaust, and arreche carburetor (17mm, I think, can't remember) with manual choke.  The rear rack is a rare one, I believe it came off of an old school Honda, but I can't remember for sure.  It's polished too.

This is a great candidate for a good sport-tuned street bike.

I'm asking $400 cash.  I will post up recent photos next week - too busy to dig the bike out of storage at the moment.  If you don't want the extra parts, I can take less, otherwise the price is firm as the price of the exhaust and manifold are close to $300 by themselves.

It is the same bike that you see here, but keep in mind it's a couple years later, and the last owner (I sold it after I finished building it) was a little rough on it...  Most of the panels are scratched or cracked, it has no mirrors, etc.
http://scooterinvasion.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1742 (On a side note, I get a kick out of looking at old pictures when I weighed 220 lbs!)

The polished cover isn't included - I've got a nearly new OEM one that will go with it. 

KEEP IN MIND, THIS IS AN OLD PHOTO AND THE BIKE IS NOW IN MUCH WORSE COSMETIC SHAPE. 

The bike comes with enough spare parts to fix it up with a good 50cc top end.  The exhaust and manifold were in anticipation of the 75cc upgrades, and are new and uninstalled.

~Josh
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
Re: (SPAM) My old ZX50 for sale - $400, needs love, good project.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 03:00:52 PM »
The engine and rear rack off this are sold. :)

~Josh

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 12:36:39 AM »
Now who would want those... (winking smile face)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 04:01:27 PM »
People really surprise me.  Someone came by yesterday and bought the rest of the bike (Bike minus wheels, engine, rack, etc) for $100.

All I have left are the new in box parts, that I thought would "boost" the sale.  Guess I made out okay parting that thing out!

~Josh

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 04:02:34 PM »
Now who would want those... (winking smile face)

I don't have a clue.  Some dude on the internet somewhere.  I had a spare block that I was going to put into the frame, but now I don't have the frame.  Oh well. :)  I'll get you some photos before I box it all up.

~Josh

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 10:37:29 PM »
Hugs, and well you know Bro!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

superfevergurl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 11:08:50 PM »
Aww, I remember the older pics when they were originally posted (very inspiring to make me want to get mine fixed up). What remaining boxed parts do you have?

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 12:48:15 AM »
Hi there,

Thanks for the compliments.  The only part that I have left is an Arreche carburetor.  It will bolt to the stock manifold, and accept the stock filter.

I have new in the box Leo Vince ZX, and a Stage 6 inlet manifold if interested.  The stage 6 manifold will not accept the arreche carb.

~Josh

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()