Author Topic: ZX50 Build,,, Again!!!  (Read 8598 times)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: ZX50 Build,,, Again!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2011, 09:34:24 AM »
OK, I cut the piston and put the 47mm kit on. I didn't do anything with the ports, too easy to stuff it up. I finished up with port timings of Ex. open @ 86 degrees giving a duration of 188.
Transfer ports open at uneven times so going with the first one, it opens at the same time as the boost port, 115 degrees giving a duration of 130 degrees. Plug chops are going to be an awkward job as I have to remove the right hand side fan shroud to get the plug socket in.
I also had to bend my pipe to fit to the cylinder flange.
 I have started the engine with the scoot still on the table and it still seems to be sick. Pulled the carby and cleaned the jets and passageways, no blockages, removed and checked the reeds and inlet, also checked ok. :( Not looking too good at the moment.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2011, 02:06:35 PM »
OK, got the carb sorted out, was ok after a blow out with compressed air. After many hassles I forgot I tried the #107 jet and when I took it for it's first ride I suffered a soft seize. I have now gone back to the setup I was running previously, #125 main jet that has been drilled a little larger and the needle on the second lowest setting, the middle setting was just too rich. I am surprised at the initial pickup of this engine, for a chinese kit it seems to be very responsive up to about half throttle. i will wait a couple of days before I give it all. At the moment it looks like I might be able to put the 1,000rpm torque spring back in.
Before I put the 8 grm Dr. Pulley sliders in I weighed them and collectively they were just slighly heavier than the 8.5 gram rollers that came with the variator. I had ordered the sliders before starting this job and it turns out that they are not a bad choice for now. I go back to work on Friday night, so I will see how she goes over the weekend. :)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2011, 02:25:22 PM »
Given that I was happy with today's overall result, I decided to fit the new rear tyre I picked up last week when we went to adelaide, a Michelin Pilot Sport. It was a bit of a bugger to fit, but it is on and balanced up a lot easier than the conti twist. The Conti Twist still had a few K's left on the tread but there was a bulge in the tyre. Once removed the bulge was inside as well, the tyre had delaminated. Continental tyres are no longer on my shopping list.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2011, 12:22:00 AM »
Last week I weighed all of my rollers and thought I would post the results. I don't know if they will be of any use to anyone but, here they are.
SCOOTER ASSASSINS 6 GRAM ROLLERS   Dr.PULLEY 6 GRAM SLIDERS
6.04                                                      6.00
6.06                                                      5.99
6.06                                                      5.99
6.08                                                      5.99
6.04                                                      5.98
6.05                                                      5.99
TOTAL                                                      TOTAL  COLLECTIVE WEIGHT 35.91
36.33                                                      35.94

SCOOTER ASSASSINS 8.5 GRAM ROLLERS   Dr. PULLEY 8 GRAM SLIDERS
8.03                                                      8.05
8.02                                                      8.05
8.12                                                      8.06
8.01                                                      8.10
8.05                                                      8.09
8.03                                                      8.06
TOTAL COLLECTIVE WEIGHT 48.25               TOTAL COLLECTIVE WEIGHT 48.40
48.26                                                     48.41

« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 12:24:15 AM by sidthesloth »

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
re: looking for help, please! having bogging issues with zx50
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2011, 02:25:32 AM »
Just put the 1,000 torque spring in and also changed the 45 pilot jet with a 48. Tried a 130 main jet but that was a bit too much so going back to the drilled 125.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2011, 11:55:21 AM »
Ordered a set of pilot jets from Scooter Assassins, range from 32-50 sizes. Tried a 40 jet but not a whole lot better. Tonoght, I put in a 38 pilot jet and it is a lot more responsive from take off. took it for a run and it is much better, I don't want to adjust the needle yet until I get a bit more time to give another run, (last time I did without a test run, I had to take the scooter home and take the Boulevard to work).
Hopefully, I can now try tuning it a little better, including needle adjustment.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2011, 03:43:08 AM »
It's interesting to hear how much better yours and Batman's scoots run with a smaller pj.  You both have a different carb than I do, but I know that my pj is too big, somewhat intentionally.  I may need to go a bit smaller, problem is I need a "1/2 size"  Arreche only goes in increments of 5.  I need about a 22.5, I initially had a 20 and ended up with a 25. With all of the humidity today she ran pretty sluggish and I kept getting the cylinder "loaded up" and having to "clear it out" sitting at stop lights today.  I pretty much have come to the conclusion that I need 3 different jetting set-ups per year here in NC.  One for the winter (cold and no humidity), Spring & Fall (Hot no humidity), Summer (Hot & Humid). 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()