Author Topic: Kymco ZX Super Fever CDI  (Read 15621 times)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
re: looking for help, please! having bogging issues with zx50
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 01:08:23 AM »
The TZR50 cdi is cheap for most scoots, but to buy one for the ZX 50 is considerably more expensive. I bought the one for the Honda Dio and sussed the wiring, it was a lot cheaper. On ebay the one for the ZX can go as high as $60.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

Shaka

• View Profile
Re: Kymco ZX Super Fever CDI
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2011, 03:09:26 AM »
I'm running the same one as Sid. 
Here it is:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Performance-scooter-5-pin-CDI-pit-bike-atv-Honda-Dio-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3eff8867e4QQitemZ270575101924QQptZOtherQ5fVehicleQ5fParts

Seems to be working great.  I can give you the wiring configuration if you need it.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 04:39:15 AM »
If you do go for the TZR 50 CDI, buy the Dio one, it is much cheaper, here is the wiring for it.

G’day all, it is a little late, but I see I have not put in the correct colour codes for the CDI. So here is the belated update.
The manufacturer is Ruima and the model is New Racing CDI (TZR50)

Scoot                          CDI

Black/White                   Black
Black/Red                      Red
Blue/ Yellow                   Blue
Black/Yellow                  Yellow
Green                             Green

djwazzz

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 05:36:51 PM »
I think, I'll go through the ebay one. Thank you all! Any further things to ask..i'm sure I will not have to hesitate =)

Pattyboi33

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2011, 03:18:55 AM »
This helped me so much thank u so glad it worked scoots back in action

billbow45

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2011, 03:56:29 PM »
Pattyboi33, Thanks for the info, will look into it the first of the week to order one for my scoot. Billbow45

maracxos

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2011, 03:20:41 PM »
hy!
I have repaired my cdi box
it is suitai 410 original cdi for kymco zx....
this is how i done it:
you must be shure that is your cdi not workin becose you can damage cdi if you try to do this
cdi has pcb in litlle plastic box and then is box filled with epoxy raisin you must cut cdi 1mm from the bottom of the box all around of the box... then you take sharp screwdriver or knife and take away the plastic and some epoxy... you will see the solder side of the pcb if you done it right the pcb will not broke...
now you take solder and re-solder every contact....
and that is it....
I have 3 borken cdi becose my kymco zx has 30000 km and every 10000km i must exchenge the cdi and i have done it with 2 cdi and they work first one i have damaged in opening it....
i think that every broke cdi is becose bad soldering....

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2011, 09:35:22 PM »
What were the symptoms of the broken cdi? I just replaced mine with a tzr50 cdi, all good.

billbow45

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2011, 11:55:51 PM »
sidthesloth, got the new tzr50 cdi for the honda dio connected the wiring as shown still no spark, could it be the coil help. billbow45

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2011, 06:39:04 AM »
Yes, it could be your coil, did you have spark before you tried the cdi?

maracxos

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2011, 08:33:24 AM »
fromthe manual:
IGNITION SYSTEM
No spark at plug                                                                       Engine starts but turns poorly
• Faulty spark plug                                                                     â€¢ Ignition primary circuit
• Poorly connected, broken or shorted wire                                      —Faulty ignition coil
—Between A.C. generator and CDI unit                                           â€”Poorly connected wire or connector
—Between CDI unit and ignition coil                                                • Ignition secondary circuit
—Between CDI unit and ignition switch                                           â€”Faulty ignition coil
—Between ignition coil and spark plug                                             â€”Faulty spark plug
• Faulty ignition switch                                                                —Poorly insulated plug cap
• Faulty ignition coil                                                                       â€¢ Improper ignition timing
• Faulty CDI unit                                                                             â€”Battery voltage too low (6V max.)
• Faulty A.C. generator                                                                   â€”Faulty CDI unit
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 12:16:24 PM by maracxos »

Pattyboi33

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2011, 10:59:45 PM »
With mine I lost spark then I changed the coil an still nothing so I got a tzr an it started right up

02 zx 50 s.f.

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2011, 02:13:53 PM »
I have plenty of time playing with cdi's but have hade minor trouble with my kymco zx cdi. More often than not if yours does not look like what's able to be done is not there than its already done or made to not be able to be. And every cdi will act different on your scooter some more noticeable than others. I previously owned a dalem track blitz r.I.p but I killed the cdi so I went to the scooter/motorcycle junk yard down the street and got 5 cdi's all same year  and model all acted different than others some bad and good it's a gambel

billbow45

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2011, 01:04:19 AM »
Pattyboi33, Need your help replaced the cdi with honda dio new plug checked wiring still no spark what could it be I,m 66 and just can,t get it stright.Billbow45

billbow45

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2011, 03:34:43 AM »
If you have not found your cdi yet get a honda dio on ebay for 15.00 racing type. billbow45

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()