Author Topic: Need advice from the ZX-50 GURU'S VIDDY ADDED  (Read 12157 times)

robmsz

• Keepem poppin!
    • View Profile
Re: Need advice from the ZX-50 GURU'S VIDDY ADDED
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2010, 03:39:51 AM »
Has anyone ordered a CDI from SUITAI recently or should I just order one from Scooter Assassins?

I'm getting kinda itchy to get one it the works if shipping is going to be a couple weeks........

I keep trying to get someone (anyone) that speaks english @ SUITAI but I'm having no luck @ all.

If I do get one from S.A. on ebay I'd like opinions on whether I should get the race CDI one or just the De-Restricted CDI. I know if you slightly advance the timing on a car that it will make it more "snappy". I'd like to run it stock and the only thing I might EVER do to it would be to buy a cast iron malossi cast iron cylinder kit (still keeping it stock) if my original jug cannot be bored. I want reliability not speed.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 05:57:47 AM by robmsz »
‘04 zx50 Stock

‘’07 Kawasaki, EN 500

robmsz

• Keepem poppin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2010, 01:16:13 AM »
I know I said I would post Thursday or Friday when the parts came in ......BUT..... no parts came in yet.

If I would have known that I would have ordered from bum fu*k Egypt or east fu*kin Baghdad or some god forsaken place like that!

Thats the last time I'll order from my LOCAL Kymco stealer!

If ya can't tell I'm PISSED!

Then the guy has the gall to cop an attitude because I called once Thursday and twice Friday because I was told FedEx hadn't come in yet.

The guy tells me " Did you pay by credit card?" YES "then we have your number and we'll call when the come in"

Well the reason I'm calling is BECAUSE I was told that the parts would be in Thursday and if not Thursday they would be here on Friday!

Well here it is Saturday and still no parts! and if the guy thinks I'm not going to call everyday of the week until they DO ARRIVE he's sorely mistaken!

I find 85% of the time the people that you count on to do their jobs DO NOT do their jobs unless I stay on top of them.

TO BE CONTINUED........................................!
‘04 zx50 Stock

‘’07 Kawasaki, EN 500

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2010, 03:23:23 AM »
I feel your pain Rob. Dung Tsu is the person at suitai to contact. If you buy the scoot assassins one you will pay THREE times as much for the EXACT same unit, and still have to wait for it from Taiwan. I just waited 2 1/2 weeks for a part taht was quoted as in stockThe company is Power sports Max in S. El Monte Cali. They LIED when I ordered, and every time I called back for the following weeks. I informed them I post on the forum, and would send lots of business their way, or SLAM them if they did not come clean on the status of my order.... SLAM. Any way bite your tongue, and get the suitai cdi, as it is what scoot assassins sells.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

robmsz

• Keepem poppin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2010, 04:48:38 AM »
I tried calling SUITAI and all I got was what sounded like a bunch of guys sitting around having tea....I was passed around until I got a guy that at least could give me another telephone # but it was to IRAN. It sounded like they were saying CANADA though.

I tried asking for DUNG SUE (i guess that's how you would say phonetically in Chinese correct?) anyways I couldn't get anywhere by calling SUITAI directly by asking for him or any other way.

I will try again 2morrow night if you (ZOMBIE) have anymore suggestions....?

I looked @ scooter assassins price and it looked like it was $70 shipped and if there is $20 shipping on the $40 part from SUITAI it would be like $60 right so thats only like $10 more?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 04:51:56 AM by robmsz »
‘04 zx50 Stock

‘’07 Kawasaki, EN 500

robmsz

• Keepem poppin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2010, 10:26:54 PM »
OK peoples,

The parts came in (rectifier & resistors) same condition as before, will only idle & not accelerate. So it looks like I'm in for A CDI now too.

I'm going to try & get one from SUITAI but if my luck in reaching an english speaking persons holds the same I'm going to have to order one from scooter assasins.

Can anyone give me any other ideas in trying to order from SUITAI ?

Maybe even total price with shipping from SUITAI, because if its only $10.00 more from scooter assasins (I'M srry it's not $70.00 from S/A its $70.00 from dragonparts0204) I might just try and AVOID the WHOLE HASSLE of trying SUITAI.

Has anyone done business with this "dragonparts0204" on eBay because like I said if the art is only $10 more (if anyone can confirm the $60.00 price from SIUTAI) I'll just order from dragonparts0204 unless anyone has a reason why I shouldn't.

I just want to get this thing ordered, GET IT & START SCOOTIN!

THANKS AHEAD OF TIME FOR YOUR REPLY'S !!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 10:41:05 PM by robmsz »
‘04 zx50 Stock

‘’07 Kawasaki, EN 500

robmsz

• Keepem poppin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2010, 11:27:48 PM »
Since I have nothing better to do I tested the NEW rectifier & I'm get NO reading on ANYTHING. At least on the OLD rectifier I got a reading between 2 posts!

I dunno now...... ???

D'oH !

I was reading on the wrong scale.

I also found that dragonparts0204 & Scooter Assasins are one in the same.

Now all that I need is confirmation that ebay item #180519108348 is the same thing I would get from SUITAI ?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 12:03:56 AM by robmsz »
‘04 zx50 Stock

‘’07 Kawasaki, EN 500

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2010, 01:16:35 AM »
Sorry for the delay. The last I saw the scoot assassins cdi was 129.00 bucks, but if they got "real" and lowered the price all the better. Jaxbeachjon had the same issue w/ "no speeke the english" but did get thru. I had no issues once I got a person on the phone. Can you post a link for the cdi you found? The reg/rectifier is easiest to test on the "diode" test on most meters. If yours doesn't have that setting then a continuity test is almost the same. You will read a short between two of the pins, and when reversed the short will be open. You should find two pins that will short w/ one common. In the end tho the only circuit the regulator affects is the secondary lighting, and the charging circuit for the battery. Anyway if the cdi is the one scoot assassins has been selling in the past I would say go for it. I only found the Suitai cdi because MONTHS of looking for a reasonable cost replacement lead nowhere.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

robmsz

• Keepem poppin!
    • View Profile
‘04 zx50 Stock

‘’07 Kawasaki, EN 500

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2010, 02:13:41 AM »
That's the suitai cdi. They did get real! Even if the falsely state the oem price. That used to be THEIR price! Go for it!

robmsz

• Keepem poppin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2010, 07:52:51 PM »
WOOHOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gots my CDI today in the mail and hooked it up really quick and IT ACCELERATES!!

This was even W/O the resistors and the rectifier hooked up (because I was so excited to get the CDI I forgot to check if they were hooked up).

ANYWHOOO it's all together with a sparkling CLEAN carbatooter and spark plug and running GREAT!!!!!!

Who woulda thunk it was the CDI making it not accelerate?
‘04 zx50 Stock

‘’07 Kawasaki, EN 500

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2010, 10:19:31 PM »
That's awesome Rob!!! ;D

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2010, 11:16:16 PM »
Great stuff mate, double bonus here, not only have you got your scoot going again, (yaaay), but now we are all a little wiser to some of the more unusual effects of a buggered C.D.I..
Congrats. :)
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2010, 12:46:24 AM »
..awesome...luv those success stories...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()