Author Topic: hello im new to kymco  (Read 19134 times)

bniesen

• View Profile
Re: hello im new to kymco
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2010, 07:46:32 PM »
Thanks for the re-packing tip Shaka. gonna have to try that when I put on a new pipe. Welcome Mudfreak!

mudfreek

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010, 09:35:18 PM »
thanks for all the welcomes as far as cylinder upgrades what should i go with since i have another motor assembly i might as well build that one and just swap it out i know it had 12000 + km on it should i just go ahead and get new crank bearing as well as rod bearing just so its fresh  or should i just build the one thats in the bike already and what about body panels where can i get new ones there isnt a kymco dealer around here
ehh brakes are for sissies

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 09:53:21 PM »
G'day mudfreek, welcome to the forum,with cylinder kits it is better to go with a proven product. I bought a cheap one from an ebay seller and it turned out to be a lot more work than expected. Having said that it has been fun and educational going through with setting it up. I had a massive amount of help and support from the people on this forum for which I am grateful, so beware what you buy but either way it will be fun.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 10:16:02 PM »
what up?     the way i understand it, the 03-04 zx has the best internal parts from oem.. i know the wrist pin/ bearring  is 12mm instead of a 10mm which is better you should just leave the bearrings and crank, etc alone UNLESS your going full race set up..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 10:18:53 PM »
duh, unless the stuff is totally beaten up, you should b ok... those km you have it should b good..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2010, 12:16:23 AM »
As far as cylinder kits, I'm running an Airsal kit myself.  I've been pretty happy with it!  It has taken some time to get everything dialed in properly, but I rode it all over town today and it is officially SCREAMING!!!  ;D I didn't really have to do anything out of the ordinary that you wouldn't have to do with any other cylinder kit, it has mostly just been a huge learning experience about the finer points of 2-stroke engine dynamics and tuning!  I've heard real good things about the Polini Corsa kit if you want a balls out screamer!  That may be my next kit when the time comes to totally rebuild mine. ;)  Otherwise, the Malossi cast iron kit for performance + reliability.  That's the one Zombie is running.  As Sid said, "stick with a proven product!"   

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2010, 12:20:00 AM »
...glad to hear you're screamin' again shaka!!!!!!!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2010, 12:29:08 AM »
No doubt!  I've been doing lots of engine work over the past week.  It all seems to have worked in my favor!!!!! ;D

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2010, 12:30:59 AM »
..i love it when hard work pays off with satisfaction...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2010, 01:16:41 AM »
The BEST thing you can do to add a few mph would be, an open element air filt. go up 3-5 jet sizes, and get a malossi reed set (cage, and all). These parts can be had for around $50.00. A couple of fresh plugs will help get the jetting right. The next step would be spending some loot, on a jug kit, larger carb/intake system, and some serious time in fine tuning it all. Getting the cvt a fresh tune up is ALWAYS good too. The after-market parts are a very good investment if you want to do the full set-up, but not real important on their own.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

mudfreek

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2010, 02:16:28 AM »
well i drive this thing to work everyday and i want the least amount of down time and of course i dont wanna use my soule as colateral when purchacing it lol as soon as i get the side cover open im going to take a good look at what ive got pushing me and let u guys know if i should upgrade or nod as far as opening up the carb im still a lil iffy about that but it may be jetted so eventualy ill hafta get inside to if it is now should i go with the 72 cc or the 80 im looking for a lil more top end but want my bike to last for a wile its a daily driver

my old scoot i would even drive in the snow man that was fun

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2010, 04:09:35 AM »
I would stick with the 70cc kits, I don't know of any "quality" 80cc set-ups!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2010, 07:43:38 PM »
I've had the Malossi cast iron kit for 2+ years, and expect it to last the life of the scoot. I too ride every day, and have plenty of power. The only mod I did to the kit was to match the base to the crankcase, and clean up all the port edges. It took me about 2/12 hours to get it all good using a dremel Moto Tool. when you do the jug you will have to re jet the carb. You need more air, and fuel to take advantage of the xtra cc's. I would order a few xtra jets, an open filter, and 3-5 spark plugs to tune the engine. Truth is a modified 50cc scoot DOES whip the dog dirt most 125cc-150cc stock scooters. W/ the 47mm 70cc malossi kit I cruise at 50mph, and can pass in a second. Bigger inin't always better.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

mudfreek

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2010, 01:37:28 AM »
anther quick question how much gear lube do i put in the final drive?

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2010, 01:43:36 AM »
..dude, do you have a copy of the zx service manual??

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()