Author Topic: Worn out Rubber parts available on aftermarket?  (Read 395 times)

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
Worn out Rubber parts available on aftermarket?
« on: June 18, 2021, 05:39:52 PM »
Hi guys,
here is once again a life sign from a Like 200i rider from overseas.  ;)

I´m still pretty happy as well with my 7 year old Like 200i with now 22.000km on the odo.

Last week I recognized a broken rubber cap at the back of the headlight while changing the brakefluids. UV-Light and Ozone worked obviously hard on my scooter the last 4 years not having a garage any more....
Also the rubber membranes of the brakefluid reservoir don´t look so pristine anymore.

Kymco unforrtunately does NOT offer these wearparts alone.  :-[

Does anyone have an idea whether these rubber parts are available somewhere at the aftermarket? Or maybe from another Bike model?
Right now I am not willing to buy a complete new Headlight assembly or Brakelever assembly just because of a broken Rubber Cap or Membranes and therefore support this kind of hillarious chinese spare parts policy.

Any help, hint or advise is highly welcome. Thanks!  :)
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

Ruffus

• View Profile
Re: Worn out Rubber parts available on aftermarket?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 07:58:33 PM »
@vespbretta,
here in Italy are at least those brake res.diaphragms at any Kymco dealer to order.
Try in Germany at Meister Zip for parts.
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2021, 12:20:12 PM »
Pls see pic, there is a plethora of diaphragmas out
at APRILIA, VESPA, YAMAHA etc. dealers.
They just don't want to search in their storages...
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 12:24:37 PM »
Hello Robo!!

VERY GOOD to hear from you again!. Hope all is well with you and yours'?
A couple of photos of LIKE and Austria would not disappoint! (& maybe a kangaroo? *)
Yeah, those parts you mention are not sold separately here in the States. Hopefully Ruffus' idea will help?
Here,  I'd likely try the used LIKE parts on ebay...except those nuts often sell at prices comparable to new!
Anyway' very good to hear from you!
Ride safe and stay (better!) in touch.
Best regards, Tom
*...a joke. (I know full well that kangaroos are nearly extinct in much of Europe !)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 12:26:43 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

vespbretta

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2021, 10:03:12 AM »
Pls see pic, there is a plethora of diaphragmas out
at APRILIA, VESPA, YAMAHA etc. dealers.
They just don't want to search in their storages...

Thanks for this precious hint. With this I am pretty sure to find something that fits. At least for the brakefluid reservoirs.

And yes, I have already contacted Meister ZIP in Germany. No success.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 10:04:44 AM by vespbretta »
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

vespbretta

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2021, 10:22:38 AM »
Hello Robo!!

VERY GOOD to hear from you again!. Hope all is well with you and yours'?
A couple of photos of LIKE and Austria would not disappoint! (& maybe a kangaroo? *)
Yeah, those parts you mention are not sold separately here in the States. Hopefully Ruffus' idea will help?
Here,  I'd likely try the used LIKE parts on ebay...except those nuts often sell at prices comparable to new!
Anyway' very good to hear from you!
Ride safe and stay (better!) in touch.
Best regards, Tom
*...a joke. (I know full well that kangaroos are nearly extinct in much of Europe !)

Hi Tom! Yes, all is good so far and wide. I would love to post pictures every now and then, but it´s a bit complicated in these Kymco forums to do so, as it is needed to upload them into some Web Cloud first and then put a link here. But we will see. Maybe I will find the time and will to do so one day again.

Besides riding that nice litte scoot, last summer I also bought a cheap used 29 year old motorbike (Kawa ZZR 500 with 72HP an 4 Cyl.) because my new girlfried wanted so... But I can tell you something: After about 5 rides together she lost interest (in the bike, not me  :D - as I predicted secretly) and I am riding alone again, both scoot and bike, and I find that riding a scooter is more or same fun and definately more relaxing and gives me everything I need in my "mid fifties". Which prooves once more, that one doesn´t need much cc and much HPs to have fun on two wheels.
Cheers,
Robo

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()