Author Topic: Engine noise Kymco mongoose 90s  (Read 959 times)

Manzi451

• View Profile
Engine noise Kymco mongoose 90s
« on: August 04, 2022, 05:03:51 PM »
Hey guys I have a 2017 kymco mongoose 90s I got from someone last week was told they changed the oil in it his son went for a ride and it locked up upon inspection there was no oil in it so I filled it up put some oil where the plug goes and got the engine freed up and actually got it running, but sadly now it sounds like it's got a bit of clacking from either the top end or bottom end.. (let's hope it's the top) I was trying to find a piston and cylinder kit for this thing but have it really had much luck if someone could point me in the right direction to find parts cheap I also read that possibly the Polaris outlaw and the Kawasaki kfx may have the same engine and parts but no dealers I've called can confirm this for me. I tried decoding the engine to maybe order just generic gy6 engine parts but there's no ID on this engine other than LE20 *2301305* which pops nothing up in google Most likely I think I'll need a top end kit and possibly a new crank with rod and bearing. I did find another engine off a 2013 kymco mongoose 90 but I have no idea if it would fit or if it has reverse like the one I have.  Thanks again.

souzamoto

• View Profile
Re: Engine noise Kymco mongoose 90s
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 05:25:31 PM »
You will need to disassemble and figure out what you need. If it is just the top end and you need Piston, Rings, clips, pin, cylinder, head and base gaskets & Valve cover gasket, through a Kymco Dealer you would be looking at about $260.00 plus freight

Manzi451

• View Profile
Re: Engine noise Kymco mongoose 90s
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2022, 11:48:57 PM »
You will need to disassemble and figure out what you need. If it is just the top end and you need Piston, Rings, clips, pin, cylinder, head and base gaskets & Valve cover gasket, through a Kymco Dealer you would be looking at about $260.00 plus freight
do you know where I can get the jug piston and all? Also I was trying to see if there was an aftermarket kit I saw a 125cc big bore kit but wasn’t sure if it would fit or not

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()