Author Topic: Help! No spark on Mongoose 300  (Read 1076 times)

KymcoMongoose300

• View Profile
Help! No spark on Mongoose 300
« on: April 11, 2022, 07:54:30 AM »
Hello, my neighbor brought me his Mongoose 300 for repair and everything seems fine except it does not have spark at all. I work on diesel trucks and used to fix and sell quads, but I am not good with electrical components. I tried another ignition coil from a different quad and it also had no spark, so I am certain that it is not the coil that’s causing the issue. My neighbor brought it after he replaced the CDI box, so that is new. I checked a few videos on YouTube and they suggested clipping the kill switch wire. The wiring on this seems to be different than those videos, as I have clipped two different wires and when doing so the quad simply would not turn over, so I fixed them back to how they were. I have also cleaned the key/ignition connection. If not the CDI nor the ignition coil, what could be causing it?

Attached is a photo of the CDI for reference. The two wires I tried clipping were the top two.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Help! No spark on Mongoose 300
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2022, 12:42:10 PM »
His new CDI was sourced from where?

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

KymcoMongoose300

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2022, 03:19:57 PM »
His new CDI was sourced from where?

I can’t tell for certain where he purchased it but it is original. Apparently he had it with another mechanic and the mechanic helped him order it, but it took too long to arrive so my neighbor ended up taking the quad home and the CDI just arrived recently. It weights the same as the old one and has all the same markings

Cruzingoose

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2022, 08:49:57 AM »
This image is NOT the cdi unit. It iis a shift/brake  safety module. The evil no-start device. The cdi unit is the larger 4x6 inch module with the 6 pin white connector.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()