Author Topic: Big bore 90cc Modifications  (Read 168 times)

CaptainMerica

• View Profile
Big bore 90cc Modifications
« on: March 01, 2019, 03:13:51 AM »
Hi Everyone, I am seeking advice on the correct parts to use on the intake side of my 2006 Kymco ZX 90. (its really a ZX50)
I bought this bike from my neighbor for $50 as it looked good but wouldn't start. I replaced everything electrical first in an effort to just get it going so I could move it along for a profit. After replacing the battery, coil, plug and CDI (with an unrestricted CDI) I just couldn't get it started so I took it to my mechanic who told me the engine had been seized at some point and since come free but the bore was shot with no compression.  With what I'd already spent on it, I didn't want this to beat me so I went and bought a bore kit for it. Although I purchased a 50cc kit, they accidentally sent me the 90cc big bore kit and I didn't realize this until my mechanic told me over the phone asking if I still wanted to go ahead with it. I thought "what the hell" and committed to the project. It's going again with this 90cc kit but I've only ridden it around the yard for 5 mins as it's unregistered. I've now pulled it down and fitted a Tecnigas next R exhaust system. I've ordered new brakes, an unrestricted variator drive boss and a new drive belt but I'm aware that I'll need a lot more to get this right.
Currently the carbi and reed valves are standard. I'd like to do them next (hopefully a full kit including better reed valves, carbi and pod air filter. Any suggestions on the correct parts I should use or some turn-key solution available to me? My mechanic also repaired the bracket holding the oil pump on as it had broken and when the throttle was opened, it would pull the whole oil pump along instead of the actuator so it was not getting oil. I understand this to be why it seized in the first place. He advised it's been turned all the way up but I should still use a pre-mix of 30:1. That pretty much the story. Any advice you may be able to provide would be most appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 03:16:10 AM by CaptainMerica »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()