Author Topic: Old But Low Kilometre People 250  (Read 361 times)

Phil65

• View Profile
Old But Low Kilometre People 250
« on: April 12, 2023, 08:16:43 AM »
Hi, I am about to buy a 2008 People 250 S. It’s in superb condition and has only 9000 kilometres.  I live in the south of Spain  where the climate is warm and dry and the bike has been parked indoors.  What should I do as precautionary maintenance other than oil and filter change? Should I have a new drive belt installed, change coolant and brake fluids? Anything else I should be aware of would be appreciated. Thanks

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Old But Low Kilometre People 250
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2023, 02:54:18 PM »
It sounds like a nice scooter!  If I were to purchase a 15 year old scooter with no idea of the maintenance history I would do as you're suggesting..oil change, coolant change, brake fluid change, gear oil change, spark plug, air filter, new belt and rollers. I would open up the CVT case and clean it up and look at the condition of your clutch pads. They will likely be in good shape with your low kilometers.

Tires are something you'll want to look at. If they are original they are (past) due for replacement. I would also pull the calipers and clean them up and make sure pads are good and make sure your slide pins are lubed and moving freely.

After all this you will have a fantastic scoot in wonderful condition!
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()