Author Topic: My new Yager!  (Read 5394 times)

Forest Grump

• View Profile
My new Yager!
« on: September 08, 2010, 04:39:37 PM »
I've had it for about 6 weeks and have 1250 miles on it.  I live in So. CA at 7,000'.  Most of my riding is at 7 to 8 thousand feet.  I traded a 1600cc v twin for it - survived 85,000 miles on thos time to stop.  Needed something to put on the back of the motorhome when we camp.  I am retired.

I have received nothing but compliments about it and questions such as how fast will it go , can it get up the hill - sea level to 7000' with some pretty steep grades- does it make it over Onyx Summit - yes at 60 mph etc.

The only differences in my bike from yours so far is I am averaging over 90 mpg most likey due to the lack of 60+ driving but with the hill climbs one would think it would even up.  I've gone down twice to get 3 gallons of lo home stain and back, still 90 mpg.  Gotta love that fuel injection at altitude.

Only one question - I can set the hour but can't get it to go to the minutes.  Any suggestions?

Do I like it- I love it.  Works great on forest trails and two up - much better than my V-twin did.

I volunteer for the SO and all the deputies have made positive remarks.  Everyone seems to like it.

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
Re: My new Yager!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 01:37:57 AM »
Welcome to the Yager club, Forest. You sound as happy as I am with my own new scoot. I have to agree with you, it's been taking hills beautifully. I just had mine serviced and will probably adjust my shocks to take the bumps softer. I work in Philadelphia, and today I was teaching around its hilliest section. One day soon I'll take a leisure tour around some of its small side streets and hills.

So as they say in the movies -- run, Forest, run!

-Wolf

Forest Grump

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 05:27:03 PM »
Thanks Wolf!  I apologise for the typos but arthritic fingers have their own way.

Our home is log and this is a maintenance year, actually restoration so I am constantly back and forth to the hardware store on the scooter.  I also have disabled plates on it so I get the looks of the old people too.  Living in a year round resort community our gas is high priced so it really saves on the cost of fuel.

I can even get the wife two up on this one.  We camped at Blue Lakes, 20 miles south of Lake Tahoe at 8,200 feet and twice made the trip into Tahoe two up without a concern.  Some of the elevation chugs were quite dramatic yet we just kept going at speed.  I can actually stay ahead of cars on the twisties with grades but I yield on the long straight away grades.

So how does one set the minutes?  My oil light came on yesterday too and it wasn't time yet so I reset it. I use synthetic.   

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 07:25:40 PM »
There should be a set of directions in your owner's manual. Basically it requires pushing the two buttons on the left side of your dashboard, generally at the same time to
select the category that you want then to select one to make further modifications. My scoots parked a few blocks away under a tarp -- it looked like rain today. If you can't figure it out
I'll scan and post the directions to you.

Good luck, and drive carefully on those twisty hills.

-Wolf

Yager E

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 01:36:40 AM »
Hi guys,

Have had my 2010 Yager GT  200i for 4 days and loving it. Brought it to the Smokies on the back of my RV. I have 3 other motorcycles, HD Electra Glide, GL1800 Gold Wing, and R1100R BMW. Live in the NE Georgia mountains. I do 95% of my own maintenance, etc. Any of you Kymco veterans have a good scooter shop to recommend in the Atlanta/N. Ga area? Also online parts distributor for basic maintenance parts? My last scooter was a '63 Vespa in 1964....my have they gotten better!!

Thanks much,
Elliot
Elliot

2010 Yager GT 200i
Proud member of the Patriot Guard Riders
Support our Troops!

art

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 02:21:02 AM »
  Welcome to the forum Yager E .This seems to be the best online store for oem.  http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/73/Kymco.aspx. Hmm didn't see yager listed. Might need to contact them. Can't help ya on the local shops I'm on the west coast ;D Ha! I got a 63 vbb in pieces all over the shop right now,havn't had time for it because of all my kymco's  ;)
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 01:00:50 PM »
Welcome Elliot. Glad to see more Yager heads joining this group. It seems the RV nomads are living the life. I guess I better start putting more into my retirement nest egg. Wish I could give you a link on parts. I have a dealer with a full service garage 20 minutes from where I live.

Best of luck and drive carefully,

-Wolf

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 01:18:07 PM »
  Welcome to the forum Yager E .This seems to be the best online store for oem.  http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/73/Kymco.aspx. Hmm didn't see yager listed. Might need to contact them. Can't help ya on the local shops I'm on the west coast ;D Ha! I got a 63 vbb in pieces all over the shop right now,havn't had time for it because of all my kymco's  ;)

Hey, art, that could be misread, and look less than good for Kymco. ;)
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 06:01:03 PM »
  Ha! for those that dont know I'm trying to make them all faster  ;) and have had good results. I just don't know when to quit  ;D  so there never finished  :P
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 06:42:15 PM »
The bug, it does get in.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

Yager E

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 08:24:31 PM »
Thanks Art, I saw a post by Stadium Yamaha on this board. Will definitely give them a ring. BTW touring around on the Yager has been great, especially in Pigeon Forge, TN. No engine heat or worn out clutch hand to deal with in the traffic. Coming up on 200 miles, so making plans to get the valves checked. I'll do my own fluids as soon as I can get the sealing washers, etc. So far "Kimmy" is doing fine! The underseat storage is amazing. Several small grocery bags fit there, and I even carried a bucket of chicken between my legs on the floorboard....can't do that on my other bikes. 
Elliot

2010 Yager GT 200i
Proud member of the Patriot Guard Riders
Support our Troops!

Forest Grump

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 12:08:25 AM »
I did try to do what the manual said but I can only get the hour to blink so that it can be set.   The minutes never seem to come up or blink no matter what I do. The salesman did it so I know it can be done.  I need to try again.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 04:57:10 PM »
Forest, welcome to the Yager gang! 50 years ago when I was riding "real" motorcycles, you would not catch me dead on any scooter. Since the Yager, you cannot get me OFF the thing! I think you hold the MODE button down forever to get it to shift to minutes.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Forest Grump

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 04:55:57 PM »
I traded my 1600 cc V Twin for the Yager.  I had 55,000 miles on it, pulled a camper for 3cross country trips-still alive time to move on.

CapnJ

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2010, 06:03:30 PM »
Hello All, I've got close to 900 miles on my Yager 200i and am loving it. Moved on from a 150cc Chinese Scoot that would let me down to often. I haven't changed the oil yet, let the dealer do it the first time but I did find filters. http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/products/14630-hiflofiltro-hf562-oil-filters-hiflo-hf562-filter
I live in NE Philadelphia PA and mostly use the scoot back and forth to work and down to Penn's Landing where I volunteer on a 1902 Tug boat.
2 wheels is 2 wheels, But China Ain't Taiwan.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()