Author Topic: break change out  (Read 820 times)

pyro

• View Profile
break change out
« on: November 28, 2015, 04:18:28 PM »
So this may sound silly to most but is there a way to change my rear disc break to a drum break on my super9lc ?

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
Re: break change out
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 11:54:43 PM »
The Super 9 AC comes with drum rear brakes.  I don't think it would be easy to change out brakes between Super 9 LC and AC.  As I recall, the brakes are part of the CVT casting, so would be major mod to change from disk to drum IMO.  I recommend don't go there.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

pyro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 05:18:29 PM »
So it's not a bolt on housing like other things kymco had to really make the ac and lc different lol

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 12:13:45 AM »
I like the AC Super 9, would love to have one, but LC is a lot more scooter IM:  liquid cooled engine makes more HP in stock trim, comes with tach, disk rear brake, 2nd axle bearing to support rear wheel.  Maybe more, but that's all I can think of right now.  I don't have Super 9 AC, comparing it to People 50 2T which I think has same engine as Super 9 AC, similar brakes, etc.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()