Author Topic: Thinking about trading-in my Super 8  (Read 4426 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about trading-in my Super 8
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2014, 06:47:11 PM »
Vivo, Sig & everyone...You guys are the BEST! I love this forum. She did call back & accepted my $1500.00 for my S8. Mailed her-off a check for the difference yesterday. Now I have to pay Florida state tax & re-register. No biggie. It's really a great scoot in the mid-range market. I'm getting older (& fatter) & I think the 15.3HP really makes a difference. The S8 is a solid scooter, no question, but @ $2499.99 (current retail price) there are simply too many options for less money. I don't know if any of you have cruised on the HD200, but it's a really slick scooter! It's really night-day vs. the S8. You can cruise @ 60MPH & still have another 10 when you need it.

I like to motor around in Florida (flat roads all the way) & @ times when I was in a long stretch, I couldn't do 50MPH all of the time & needed to pull over & let people pass me. This was simply unacceptable for me. I know I only use this scoot like 4-5 times a year, but I want, what I want! I considered the Honda PCX-150 (as the dealer is 2 miles away), but their fees were ridiculous! I'm happy where I'm at. I love my GT300i & Kymco parts here in the US, are the best bar-none.     
My wife just told my daughter to "go see what's the matter with your father" - because I let out a whoop when I read your post today!
THAT is great news....I feel like WE just got a great scooter!
 I'm not kidding!
Oh man. The RED one!
( I was looking at the silver one in Tampa - where MY mother lives - we go in June - that has less than 700 miles on it - thinking crazy stuff like riding it back to Ohio! If it had been RED - I'd a tried it!)
That is so cool - I'm looking at another 3" of snow out there - but this new Red SYM 200 in the family is great. Now if Brady can win in Denver - it will be a perfect day! (I've lived in Springfield, S. Hadley, and Amherst - David Ortiz is GodParent to 2 of my kids. He just doesn't know it.)
Ok, we'll be needing some pictures and a full report when the time comes.
Congrats.....A fellow CAN have what he wants some times!
Stig .....man, that's great.....   !
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 03:04:44 PM »
Stig: You crack me up! Nice to know I'll have a fellow SYM HD200 "ghost" rider with me! So...You were a New England boy like me @ one point? Well....We know how the Patriots turned out in Denver. Good season with all the injuries we had. Yeah...We picked-up 7' or 8" inches on Tuesday night in Gloucester, MA. I won't get the HD200 til' mid March when I come down to Florida. She took my Super 8 yesterday via pick-up truck from my mothers home. You know it's a slightly darker red then SYM's red from a few years back. It's not burgundy, but it's not "fire engine" red either. Red is my favorite color bar-none! Many thanks for chiming in!
Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2014, 02:52:30 PM »
Tropical Scooters of Vero will be delivering my HD200 tomorrow. I'm heading down in early March. I'll post a bunch of pictures then. Can't wait to give her a nice 1 hour cruise. The dealer is 32 miles from my mothers home in Florida. I wish they were closer, but it could be worse I guess. I have fond memories with my Super 8, but I'm glad I purchased the HD200. I will follow-up!
Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2014, 04:57:29 PM »
Please do and we will wait on your report.
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()