Author Topic: Kymco Electric ?  (Read 4964 times)

Dion

• View Profile
Kymco Electric ?
« on: December 14, 2010, 04:47:46 PM »
This looks as if it's based on a Super 8 125 / 150 ... for urban travel it could be an interesting experiment.

The following is a basic English Translation from the designers notebook Oberdan Bezzi - at http://scooterdesign.blogspot.com/ (Scroll down the pix to find the Kymco blurb.)

To date, almost all electric-powered scooters are not enjoying the success that instead a convenient and environmentally friendly vehicle in terms of consumption (purchase less) should have,
In my opinion the reason for this is that the vast majority of manufacturers of these vehicles, too dot on the above points and almost nothing on the aesthetics and the emotional involvement, however, that half to two wheels has to give.
A scooter, electric though, must be as pleasant and more than a "normal"
The fact that it works well, is clean and low consumption should be implied that the purchaser should be able to choose his scooter on the basis of appearance, fashion and personal taste.
Frankly buy a scooter from the style "Chinese" only because it is electric is not so exciting.
KYMCO House could be the first to try the way of the scooter from the sporty and dynamic lines for his next "electric"!
A modern vehicle with wheels 14 "with an engine similar to a 125 to burst as dall'abitabilità good performance and also in pairs.
It's called Silence and could be the first real electric scooter widespread.
We'll see.

Ad oggi quasi tutti gli scooter a propulsione elettrica non stanno riscuotendo quel successo che invece un veicolo ecologico e conveniente dal punto di vista dei consumi ( meno all'acquisto)dovrebbe avere,
A mio parere il motivo di ciò è che la stragrande maggioranza dei costruttori di tali veicoli, puntino troppo sui punti succitati e niente o quasi sull'estetica e il coinvolgimento emotivo che comunque un mezzo a due ruote deve dare.
Uno scooter , benchè elettrico, deve essere piacevole quanto e più di uno "normale",
Il fatto che funzioni bene, consumi poco e sia pulito dovrebbe essere implicito per cui l'acquirente dovrebbe poter scegliere il suo scooter in base alle caratteristiche estetiche , di moda e di gusto personale.
Francamente comprare uno scooter dalla foggia "cinese" solo perchè è elettrico non è così eccitante.
KYMCO potrebbe essere la prima Casa a provare la strada dello scooter dalle linee sportiveggianti e dinamiche per il suo prossimo "elettrico"!
Un moderno veicolo con ruote da 14", con un propulsore assimilabile ad un 125 a scoppio come prestazioni e dall'abitabilità buona anche in coppia.
Si chiama SILENZIO e potrebbe essere il primo vero scooter elettrico di larga diffusione.
Vedremo.

blue

• View Profile
Re: Kymco Electric ?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 11:26:08 PM »
there only good if your rideing short distance.have to charge the battery up all the time.
and it takes for ever to charge befor you can ride again. I guess it would be ok for a camping trip or something.

Agent Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 12:25:39 AM »
I'd love to get one if the price was right. I'm only a recreational rider taking more than 1.5 hour rides, so battery charging shouldn't be a problem. Maintanance would be checking tire pressure!

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 12:38:59 AM »
I just don't like paying the electric company any more than I like paying the gasoline company. :-\

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 03:04:06 AM »
well at least you dont have to keep it worm with a light bulb to start it. :) :)

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 03:15:05 AM »
That's true, blue. And I reckon you could always carry a spare charged battery to swap out if you wanted a longer ride.

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 08:48:29 AM »
And I reckon you could always carry a spare charged battery to swap out if you wanted a longer ride.
You would need many spare charged batteries. A single battery set is about 50kg and more.

TechGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 06:29:54 PM »
Most of the electric scooters/motorcycles I have seen coming to market at this time have been able to travel about 40-100 miles on a single charge.  Depending on the bike, they have gone from 40-100 MPH (Brammo Empulse) and most will fully recharge in about 90 minutes for less than $2 dollars worth of electricity in the US. This equates to a gas mileage of about 350-400 miles per gallon and never needing to stop at a gas station. If you are looking for a COMMUTER, they are great option.  If you looking for a touring capable bike, Unless you are willing to stop every 100 miles for a 90 minute recharge at the nearest place that will allow you plug in (assuming there is a place to plug in) and keep the speeds down to maximize your (slower) range, eBikes are not a good touring choice.

KScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 07:47:53 PM »
As with all electric vehicles you have the first bunch of buyers who are basically hard core environmentalist type's.(Also some rich people with all their toys)Which is a good thing since the product needs bought in order to reach the next generation of electric performance.With each advancement in range,speed,lower price comes the next group down the totem pole.They buy even more product again resulting in improvements in range,speed,lower price etc.With advancements once again the product is finally ready for mainstream buying.When scoots get to the 200 mile range,quick re-charge times,top speeds of at least 65mph and a price comparable to gas engines,I'll be a buying.

ronigj

• View Profile
    • Super 8 Philippines Motorcycle, Club Inc.
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 07:20:14 PM »
KYMCO Sunboy

another model of KYMCO Electrisc Scooter

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()