Author Topic: New Bikemaster mirrors & Givi windshield on X500  (Read 1459 times)

Hoolander2

• View Profile
New Bikemaster mirrors & Givi windshield on X500
« on: December 17, 2011, 06:18:59 AM »
I had to get different mirrors once the Givi was on so shopped around online and got these.  They're available in black or chrome too.  I got the gold anodized, what the heck.  I always thought the OEM mirrors looked something like Mickey Mouse ears anyway.  These are quite a bit smaller but good enough for my use.  I used the locknuts off the OEM mirrors for a lower install.  They come with adapters.  Lovin the Givi!  Scooter is dirty in these pics, sorry, I live on a dirt road.

ChandlerScoot

• View Profile
Re: New Bikemaster mirrors & Givi windshield on X500
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 03:26:34 PM »
Those mirrors look factory. Color is not a bad match! Your bike looks very clean compared to mine. Haven't washed it since new but then again, I only have about 600 miles. The Givi seems to provide a lot of protection. What's your take on it? I am thinking of doing the same, but getting the two piece version.
Simon
2009 Kymco Xciting Ri With no mods.

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Re: New Bikemaster mirrors & Givi windshield on X500
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 03:38:50 PM »
They don't fold.  They're nice quality.  The glass has a slight convexity so you get a slight wide angle view.  Still not as good a view as the OEM's though.  The pivot points are all nice and tight so they stay where you set them.  I needed mirrors with that pivot point in the arm so I could adjust the height where I needed.  They came from Law Brothers Cycle in Texas but Bikemaster mirrors should be available in lots of places.  They have a big selection.

Yeah, Chandler, lot of protection with the Givi.  I wanted it mainly for the hand wind protection which it does very well.  Notice I've mounted it in the lower of the two positions available on the Xciting and I tend to think it is more suitable in that position. Though I don't know for sure without trying it in the higher one.  Only thing is, it won't go under the doorway to my shed if I raise it.  :-)  The only two piece version I saw was the one for the new Euro/Aisian fairing Xcitings. 

There've been discussions about whether the wind flow should be blocked from reaching your face shield because in the rain, you want the drops to blow off the face shield.  Otherwise you're looking through those drops while riding.  So, some have cut their Givi's down for that reason.  I'll have to see how it goes but if I can't see well in the rain, I will cut it down a few inches.  The two piece version, it seems to me, might be a problem in that regard.  I'd be interested in hearing other opinions about all that.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()