Author Topic: gas in oil  (Read 1012 times)

RUXOR

• View Profile
gas in oil
« on: August 20, 2011, 10:49:43 PM »
Hello all, i posted a couple of weeks ago that i have had fuel in my oil. I have since talked to an avid motorcyclist that said since my scoot is new, fuel in the oil is normal. I have 300 miles on it now, and i still smell gas on the dipstick. I have been monitoring the oil level, and it has remained the same, which leads me to believe that there can't be too much gas leaking into the oil. Is this normal for a scooter?

bmcafee

• View Profile
Re: gas in oil
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 11:21:45 PM »
Well when you break in a new motor you are being careful untill the O rings in the piston and other gaskets seed in and seal. I can imagine that gas could pass through little by little if it was not boken in yet.

juice

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 12:47:02 AM »
Every time your engine turns over without starting you are putting raw gas into your motor . Of coarse gas evaporates quickly also . Unless you have badly flooded your engine it should be ok , but a quart of oil is inexpensive assurance .

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 11:49:03 AM »
if your not seeing gas on the dip stick and the oil is staying thick you should be ok. But like juice said oil is cheap just do a oil change if u think its geting worse. and keep a eye on it.

Kenho21

• I live my life 0.402336 kilometers at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 09:17:21 PM »
I'm with everybody else, especially since you're still in the break-in period I would be changing the oil often.

I just installed a 72cc kit in mine and changed the oil after about 20, 50 and 100 miles and every 100-200 after that for the first 1,000 miles. I'm also kind of paranoid but better safe than aorry and you can never have too fresh oil in your motor.
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 12:09:57 AM »
I would not be as paranoid as Kenho21, but I certainly would change the oil.  I have heard of oil passing thru but never gasoline.  If it happens after changing the oil, get to a mechanic.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()